Announcement

Collapse

Philosophy 201 Guidelines

Cogito ergo sum

Here in the Philosophy forum we will talk about all the "why" questions. We'll have conversations about the way in which philosophy and theology and religion interact with each other. Metaphysics, ontology, origins, truth? They're all fair game so jump right in and have some fun! But remember...play nice!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

I have a question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question...

What's the origin of the quote that it would be worse to have a good person mad at you than a bad person, because you could appeal to any goodness the bad person might have in them for mercy, but if a good person is mad at you, you are in big trouble with no way out. Not the exact quote. And wasn't sure where to put it. Seemed philosophical, in that you may or may not agree.
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

If I am ever asked that question again, ill say the origin of that quote was "Christianbookworm Theologyweb Feb 2014". Who knows, maybe 100 years from now you will get all the credit

Comment

As long as we are searching for quotes I am looking for a quote to the effect that - I can not believe in a god who needs my worship. Anyone got this one?
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Who said, "Give me all your bacon or I will ban you forever!!!" ?

Comment

I ain't telling. I don't want to be banned.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Why am I thinking it might be from C. S. Lewis? Don't know.
            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment