Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Healthy Snacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would a caramel apple count?

Comment

Pistachios. We have farms about an hour east of here, and we get a LOT of them at harvest time.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

CHEETOS® Crunchy Cheese Flavored Snacks

Are better than many chips.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
          Would a caramel apple count?
          With bacon 00000bac.gif

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Honeycrisp apples
            • Green seedless grapes
            • Clementines
            • Hybrid clementine-lemons
            • Concord grape juice
            • Walnuts
            • Almonds
            • Shrimp
            • Oatmeal with ground flaxseed
            • Lobster
            • OK, the last two are not exactly snacks, but they are healthy.
            βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
            ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
              • Honeycrisp apples
              • Green seedless grapes
              • Clementines
              • Hybrid clementine-lemons
              • Concord grape juice
              • Walnuts
              • Almonds
              • Shrimp
              • Oatmeal with ground flaxseed
              • Lobster
              • OK, the last two are not exactly snacks, but they are healthy.
              Fruit juice is actually not all that healthy. It's much better to eat the whole fruit.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                With bacon [ATTACH=CONFIG]5143[/ATTACH]

Eating all the bacon off and throwing away the apple doesn't count.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  With bacon [ATTACH=CONFIG]5143[/ATTACH]

I meant with peanuts.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    Fruit juice is actually not all that healthy. It's much better to eat the whole fruit.
                    I agree; that's why I have it further down on the list than whole fruits, but it is still healthy in moderation. Grape juice has the health benefits of red wine and 8 ounces has 120% of your daily vitamin C requirements as well as some potassium. But we never gave our kids juice in their sippy cups when they were kids as it is then typically not in moderation and probably contributes to our epidemic of childhood obesity. We always gave them water, and to this day they always drink lots of water. I thought people would object to the lobster

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                      I agree; that's why I have it further down on the list than whole fruits, but it is still healthy in moderation. Grape juice has the health benefits of red wine and 8 ounces has 120% of your daily vitamin C requirements as well as some potassium. But we never gave our kids juice in their sippy cups when they were kids as it is then typically not in moderation and probably contributes to our epidemic of childhood obesity. We always gave them water, and to this day they always drink lots of water. I thought people would object to the lobster
                      I object to your lobster.
                      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                        I object to your lobster.
                        Thank you! Good source of protein, some essential fatty acids (Omega-3s), very few calories if you do not drench it in melted butter or drown it in Newburg sauce. 1.25 lbs live weight only has 95 calories when broilled, 24g of protein, 412g of potassium, only 2g of carbohydrates. Dietary cholesterol has minimal effects on serum cholesterol for most people.

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                          Eating all the bacon off and throwing away the apple doesn't count.
                          I most certainly would not throw the apple away after picking off the bacon.

I would obviously trade it for more bacon.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I've never really had lobster, but imitation crab meat is delicious.

Edit: Well, I've had lobster once, but we didn't know what we were doing so it didn't exactly come out right....
                            I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Nuts and fresh fruit
                              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Nuts are really good for you, a great source of essential fatty acids, but they have a lot, a lot, A LOT of calories.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X