Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Huffington Post blames Planned Parenthood closings for HIV epidemic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huffington Post blames Planned Parenthood closings for HIV epidemic

It is worth noting that this particular local epidemic stems from drug use, not sex.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...ushpmg00000046

I'd rather defund Planned Parenthood than defend them, so before we take up their cause, I have a few questions...

Is it really the case that this was the only place locally giving HIV tests? Do they mean it was the only place offering HIV testing in a non-medical setting? (I imagine one could have gone to a doctor's office for a test...) If so, shouldn't somebody else pick up the slack? What other ways are there to combat these issues without outsourcing it to Infanticide, Inc.?
    Would these drug addicts really have gone to Planned Parenthood for an HIV test?
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Total bs. Ryan White provides funds for both prevention and direct care testing. ASOs and health departments provide testing free or low cost. The latter are far more numerous than PP Clinics could ever hope to be.

Addicts are notoriously resistent to screening. They won't volunteer in to anything unless you pay them.
    Last edited by Teallaura; 03-31-2015, 10:35 PM.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post

Addicts are notoriously resistent to screening. They won't volunteer in to anything unless you pay them.
      I suspected as much.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment