Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Commentary thread - Hakeem vs. Boxing Pythagoras - did Jesus die on the cross?

Must...have...caffeine One Bad Pig's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Commentary thread - Hakeem vs. Boxing Pythagoras - did Jesus die on the cross?

Comment away!
    Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio

I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Child of the One True King Raphael's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    :CornOfPoppiness:
    TheologyWeb Needs YOU! - Please Help Us Upgrade Tweb! Click here for more info

"If you can ever make any major religion look absolutely ludicrous, chances are you haven't understood it"
    -Ravi Zacharias, The New Age: A foreign bird with a local walk

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Faith
    N/A
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So he got whipped and flayed, crucified for nine hours, and stabbed in the side. That's all? No wonder he got right back up after a few days rest.
    Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

5. Amen alaskazimm, LostSheep amen'd this post.
    41st Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Is he saying Jesus DID die, just not on the cross but by the spear?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DesertBerean View Post
    Is he saying Jesus DID die, just not on the cross but by the spear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakeem View Post
    Therefore and at the request of the Pilate in Mark 15:44, the Centurion, in addition to the above cumulative above facts, pierced Jesus side with a spear and blood and water flowed from his side in John 19:34 proving that Jesus did not die when keeping in mind that he was on the cross for short period of 9 hours with his legs not broken, while the two crossmates legs were alive until their legs were broken to hasten their death ,and drink given to him to relieve him from pain and make him lose consciousness as explained above.

Therefore, when he found out from the Centurion, Pilate gave the body according to Mark 15:45.

With the cumulative facts stated above, I submit to you that Jesus did not die at in the process.

I think he's trying to argue that Jesus only lost consciousness and that the fact that blood and water flowed from His side when He was pierced by the spear somehow proves that he wasn't dead. How he comes to that conclusion is beyond me though . He seems to be using arguments similar to the ones found in this article:

http://www.themuslimtimes.org/2012/0...e-on-the-cross (Haven't checked the site thoroughly for questionable content, so visit at your own risk).

41st Mojave Summer DesertBerean's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That's just it...he isn't very clear here just what he means...did Jesus die, just not of crucifixion, but rather by the spear? I do assume he, being Muslim, intended to mean Jesus didn't die at all. But he's not clear on that, so IDK.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    He is saying he didn't die at all.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Is he serious? That was the most strung together bunch of half-proofs I've seen in a while...

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Blood and serum flowing separately IS a sign that death has occurred. Even the Romans knew that.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.