Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Commentary thread - Hakeem vs. Boxing Pythagoras - did Jesus die on the cross?

tWebber
    Faith
    Muslim
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Bill The Cat saying " He declared He would die and rise again " does not recognise the fact that AFTER Jesus made such a prophecy that he will be killed and rise, Jesus prayed to be saved from death according to Luke 22:42-44.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakeem View Post
    Bill The Cat saying " He declared He would die and rise again " does not recognise the fact that AFTER Jesus made such a prophecy that he will be killed and rise, Jesus prayed to be saved from death according to Luke 22:42-44.
    That has nothing to do with what I said... Wow... just... wow.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    so you are saying that Jesus was a false prophet then.

4. Amen Bill the Cat, Cerebrum123, Christian3 amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Muslim
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Sparko writing "so you are saying that Jesus was a false prophet then" is not true because Jesus first saying he will die then Jesus praying to be saved from death does not make Jesus false prophet like Jonah who said that “Forty more days and Nineveh will be overthrown" in Jonah 3:4 but did not happen when people of Nineveh repented.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Sparko writing "so you are saying that Jesus was a false prophet then" is not true because Jesus first saying he will die then Jesus praying to be saved from death does not make Jesus false prophet like Jonah who said that “Forty more days and Nineveh will be overthrown" in Jonah 3:4 but did not happen when people of Nineveh repented.
    So you are saying Jesus repented so he was not crucified?

tWebber
    Faith
    Muslim
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    As I said earlier, Jesus prayed to be saved from death according to Luke 22:42-44 after he said he will die

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    As I said earlier, Jesus prayed to be saved from death according to Luke 22:42-44 after he said he will die
    Luke 22:41 And He withdrew from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and began to pray, 42 saying, “Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done.” 43 [i]Now an angel from heaven appeared to Him, strengthening Him. 44 And being in agony He was praying very fervently; and His sweat became like drops of blood, falling down upon the ground.

You really need to work on reading comprehension.
    Safka, you are NOT "unknown", you were loved by many, and you will not be forgotten. I will always remember you Puginator.

9. Amen Christianbookworm, Christian3 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    Luke 22:41 And He withdrew from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and began to pray, 42 saying, “Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done.” 43 [i]Now an angel from heaven appeared to Him, strengthening Him. 44 And being in agony He was praying very fervently; and His sweat became like drops of blood, falling down upon the ground.

You really need to work on reading comprehension.
    It's the Muslim script he's reading. It's like a telemarketer.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

tWebber
    Faith
    Muslim
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Aruging that Jesus request to be saved from death was subject to the will of the Father in Luke 22:42 is still not good enough because after that Jesus went on to with the same prayer in Luke 22:44 without subjecting his request to the will of the Father.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Aruging that Jesus request to be saved from death was subject to the will of the Father in Luke 22:42 is still not good enough because after that Jesus went on to with the same prayer in Luke 22:44 without subjecting his request to the will of the Father.
    It is conceivable that He was praying about how he would die rather than the fact that He would die.

I'm always still in trouble again