Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commentary thread - Hakeem vs. Boxing Pythagoras - did Jesus die on the cross?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill The Cat saying " He declared He would die and rise again " does not recognise the fact that AFTER Jesus made such a prophecy that he will be killed and rise, Jesus prayed to be saved from death according to Luke 22:42-44.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hakeem View Post
      Bill The Cat saying " He declared He would die and rise again " does not recognise the fact that AFTER Jesus made such a prophecy that he will be killed and rise, Jesus prayed to be saved from death according to Luke 22:42-44.
      That has nothing to do with what I said... Wow... just... wow.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Bill The Cat saying " He declared He would die and rise again " does not recognise the fact that AFTER Jesus made such a prophecy that he will be killed and rise, Jesus prayed to be saved from death according to Luke 22:42-44.
        so you are saying that Jesus was a false prophet then.

Comment

• Sparko writing "so you are saying that Jesus was a false prophet then" is not true because Jesus first saying he will die then Jesus praying to be saved from death does not make Jesus false prophet like Jonah who said that “Forty more days and Nineveh will be overthrown" in Jonah 3:4 but did not happen when people of Nineveh repented.

Comment

Sparko writing "so you are saying that Jesus was a false prophet then" is not true because Jesus first saying he will die then Jesus praying to be saved from death does not make Jesus false prophet like Jonah who said that “Forty more days and Nineveh will be overthrown" in Jonah 3:4 but did not happen when people of Nineveh repented.
            So you are saying Jesus repented so he was not crucified?

Comment

• As I said earlier, Jesus prayed to be saved from death according to Luke 22:42-44 after he said he will die

Comment

As I said earlier, Jesus prayed to be saved from death according to Luke 22:42-44 after he said he will die
                Luke 22:41 And He withdrew from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and began to pray, 42 saying, “Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done.” 43 [i]Now an angel from heaven appeared to Him, strengthening Him. 44 And being in agony He was praying very fervently; and His sweat became like drops of blood, falling down upon the ground.

You really need to work on reading comprehension.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                  Luke 22:41 And He withdrew from them about a stone’s throw, and He knelt down and began to pray, 42 saying, “Father, if You are willing, remove this cup from Me; yet not My will, but Yours be done.” 43 [i]Now an angel from heaven appeared to Him, strengthening Him. 44 And being in agony He was praying very fervently; and His sweat became like drops of blood, falling down upon the ground.

You really need to work on reading comprehension.
                  It's the Muslim script he's reading. It's like a telemarketer.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Aruging that Jesus request to be saved from death was subject to the will of the Father in Luke 22:42 is still not good enough because after that Jesus went on to with the same prayer in Luke 22:44 without subjecting his request to the will of the Father.

Comment

Aruging that Jesus request to be saved from death was subject to the will of the Father in Luke 22:42 is still not good enough because after that Jesus went on to with the same prayer in Luke 22:44 without subjecting his request to the will of the Father.
                      It is conceivable that He was praying about how he would die rather than the fact that He would die.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Aruging that Jesus request to be saved from death was subject to the will of the Father in Luke 22:42 is still not good enough because after that Jesus went on to with the same prayer in Luke 22:44 without subjecting his request to the will of the Father.
                        Uh, that's not what the passage says at all. Again, you need to work on your reading comprehension.

Comment

• Thanks Rogue06 for your comment.

However, Luke 22:44 does not make a mention of what you mentioned above. All Luke 22:44 says is "Being in agony, he prayed more earnestly". He was praying more earnestly to be saved. This is supported by Hebrews 5:7.

My above statement is in line with Christian commentaries on Luke 22:44 found at biblehub.com

Comment

Since you choose to take the Bible as true in Luke 22:44, then why do you doubt Luke 23:46? Admit it... it's the Muslim script, isn't it?
                            That's what
                            - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

As I said earlier, Jesus prayed to be saved from death according to Luke 22:42-44 after he said he will die
                              Show where this prayer was granted.

He prayed "if it is your will" - well, it wasn't.

Comment

Thanks Rogue06 for your comment.

However, Luke 22:44 does not make a mention of what you mentioned above. All Luke 22:44 says is "Being in agony, he prayed more earnestly". He was praying more earnestly to be saved. This is supported by Hebrews 5:7.

My above statement is in line with Christian commentaries on Luke 22:44 found at biblehub.com
                                Why do you only accept certain verses of the bible in isolation and reject the rest of the bible that clearly says that Jesus was crucified, died and was resurrected?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X