Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Commentary thread - Hakeem vs. Boxing Pythagoras - did Jesus die on the cross?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will Hakeem be introducing Cavin's evil twin theory?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      Is he serious?
      I'm fairly certain he is. I wonder if he has yet realized that I'm not a Christian (not that it really makes any difference to the debate).
      "[Mathematics] is the revealer of every genuine truth, for it knows every hidden secret, and bears the key to every subtlety of letters; whoever, then, has the effrontery to pursue physics while neglecting mathematics should know from the start he will never make his entry through the portals of wisdom."
      --Thomas Bradwardine, De Continuo (c. 1325)

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Pythagoras View Post
        I'm fairly certain he is. I wonder if he has yet realized that I'm not a Christian (not that it really makes any difference to the debate).
        Probably not. Apparently, only Christians believe Jesus died on the cross.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Just FYI, the participants in the debates are not allowed to post in the commentary thread until the debate is over.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

BP you are not allowed to reply to the commentary thread yet wait till after the debate, ok?

Comment

Is Hakeem coming back?
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                Is Hakeem coming back?
                I suspect not. My guess is that he simply collected common muslim arguments against Jesus dying on the cross from somewhere on the net, and when he discovered that he couldn't adequately defend the arguments he ran away. Alternatively he's planning an unassailable comeback.

Comment

Perhaps he was also caught off guard by the fact that his debate opponent is not a Christian.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Yeaaaaaaaaah, no. He's got no idea what so ever that he's not arguing against a Christian.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                      Yeaaaaaaaaah, no. He's got no idea what so ever that he's not arguing against a Christian.
                      Can he not read the faith designation? Or is he one of those idiots that thinks only Christians believe Jesus died(and rose again, but obviously only Christians will believe that, it would be strange if some one believe all the claims of the Gospels were true but didn't want to accept the gift of salvation)?
                      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

He seems to think that repeating the phrase "slow lingering death" somehow makes his case for him. It's not much of an argument. People can die very easily from things you think wouldn't kill them, or survive things you would think would have to kill them. A shorter length on a Roman cross isn't exactly miraculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                          He seems to think that repeating the phrase "slow lingering death" somehow makes his case for him. It's not much of an argument. People can die very easily from things you think wouldn't kill them, or survive things you would think would have to kill them. A shorter length on a Roman cross isn't exactly miraculous.
                          He doesn't take into account all the other physical abuse that Christ endured before the cross.

And the fact that the Lord GAVE UP His spirit, at the exact right time according to God's plan.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            He doesn't take into account all the other physical abuse that Christ endured before the cross.

And the fact that the Lord GAVE UP His spirit, at the exact right time according to God's plan.

Source: John 10:17-18 HCSB

17 This is why the Father loves Me, because I am laying down My life so I may take it up again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down on My own. I have the right to lay it down, and I have the right to take it up again. I have received this command from My Father.”

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by JonathanL; 04-06-2015, 12:22 PM.

Comment

The only way Hakeem could be correct is if Jesus was a liar. Since Jesus is a prophet and the messiah to Muslims, calling him a liar is blasphemy. I wonder if he realizes that?

Luke 24:45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

Rev 1:18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                The only way Hakeem could be correct is if Jesus was a liar. Since Jesus is a prophet and the messiah to Muslims, calling him a liar is blasphemy. I wonder if he realizes that?

Luke 24:45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

Rev 1:18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
                                I love this article. It shows how if Muslims are right, Allah inadvertently created one of the greatest deceptions ever, Christianity.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X