Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Commentary thread - Hakeem vs. Boxing Pythagoras - did Jesus die on the cross?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Is Hakeem coming back?
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?”
    For it is not wise to ask such questions. - Ecclesiastes 7:10

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Is Hakeem coming back?
    I suspect not. My guess is that he simply collected common muslim arguments against Jesus dying on the cross from somewhere on the net, and when he discovered that he couldn't adequately defend the arguments he ran away. Alternatively he's planning an unassailable comeback.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Perhaps he was also caught off guard by the fact that his debate opponent is not a Christian.
    Do not say, “Why were the old days better than these?”
    For it is not wise to ask such questions. - Ecclesiastes 7:10

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yeaaaaaaaaah, no. He's got no idea what so ever that he's not arguing against a Christian.

5. Amen Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrawnus View Post
    Yeaaaaaaaaah, no. He's got no idea what so ever that he's not arguing against a Christian.
    Can he not read the faith designation? Or is he one of those idiots that thinks only Christians believe Jesus died(and rose again, but obviously only Christians will believe that, it would be strange if some one believe all the claims of the Gospels were true but didn't want to accept the gift of salvation)?
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    He seems to think that repeating the phrase "slow lingering death" somehow makes his case for him. It's not much of an argument. People can die very easily from things you think wouldn't kill them, or survive things you would think would have to kill them. A shorter length on a Roman cross isn't exactly miraculous.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    He seems to think that repeating the phrase "slow lingering death" somehow makes his case for him. It's not much of an argument. People can die very easily from things you think wouldn't kill them, or survive things you would think would have to kill them. A shorter length on a Roman cross isn't exactly miraculous.
    He doesn't take into account all the other physical abuse that Christ endured before the cross.

And the fact that the Lord GAVE UP His spirit, at the exact right time according to God's plan.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    He doesn't take into account all the other physical abuse that Christ endured before the cross.

And the fact that the Lord GAVE UP His spirit, at the exact right time according to God's plan.

Source: John 10:17-18 HCSB

17 This is why the Father loves Me, because I am laying down My life so I may take it up again. 18 No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down on My own. I have the right to lay it down, and I have the right to take it up again. I have received this command from My Father.”

© Copyright Original Source

Last edited by Chrawnus; 04-06-2015 at 05:22 PM.

10. Amen Cerebrum123, mossrose, 37818 amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The only way Hakeem could be correct is if Jesus was a liar. Since Jesus is a prophet and the messiah to Muslims, calling him a liar is blasphemy. I wonder if he realizes that?

Luke 24:45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

Rev 1:18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    The only way Hakeem could be correct is if Jesus was a liar. Since Jesus is a prophet and the messiah to Muslims, calling him a liar is blasphemy. I wonder if he realizes that?

Luke 24:45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them, “This is what is written: The Messiah will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance for the forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. 48 You are witnesses of these things. 49 I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.”

Rev 1:18 I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
    I love this article. It shows how if Muslims are right, Allah inadvertently created one of the greatest deceptions ever, Christianity.

13. Amen Bill the Cat amen'd this post.