Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The Lilies of the Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, Grandma, be sure to forward that email to me and all our relatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      There was a little old lady ......
      Your joke is making my point. Thanks. Notice, while we’re at it, that I am thanking you and not some fairy spirit. Jus, keepin’ it real.
      “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
      “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
      “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
        Your joke is making my point. Thanks. Notice, while we’re at it, that I am thanking you and not some fairy spirit. Jus, keepin’ it real.
        Jus, keepin' it real..but yer killin the damn vibe, man.
        Last edited by Pytharchimedes; 04-22-2015, 11:22 PM.

Comment

V sorry. Long live the vibe.
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell

Comment

You really are clueless, aren't you?

God works through people and circumstances. He isn't a genie that you just get to make a wish and poof yourself whatever you want. So even though you spout hatred for religion and God, you are part of his plan. Perhaps someone will read your posts and realize what a sad, bitter, child you are and turn away from the path they were on to atheism, and turn to God. Or perhaps you are just here to be exposed to the truth and one day it will sink in and you will turn to God instead of away from him.

Comment

You really are clueless, aren't you?
              The only thing worse than an atheist is an atheist with no sense of humor.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                The only thing worse than an atheist is an atheist with no sense of humor.
                Another joke from God’s Plan:

Once I saw this guy on a bridge about to jump. I said, "Don't do it!" He said, "Nobody loves me." I said, "God loves you. Do you believe in God?"
                He said, "Yes." I said, "Are you a Christian or a Jew?" He said, "A Christian." I said, "Me, too! Protestant or Catholic?" He said, "Protestant." I said, "Me, too! What franchise?" He said, "Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Baptist or Southern Baptist?" He said, "Northern Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist or Northern Liberal Baptist?"
                He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist." I said, "Me, too! Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region, or Northern Conservative Baptist Eastern Region?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region." I said, "Me, too!"
                Northern Conservative†Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1879, or Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912?" He said, "Northern Conservative Baptist Great Lakes Region Council of 1912." I said, "Die, heretic!" And I pushed him over.

Attributed to Emo Philips.

Comment

Another joke from God’s Plan:
                  Don't be so hard on yourself, FF - you're not THAT big of a joke.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Don't be so hard on yourself, FF - you're not THAT big of a joke.
                    That's what I was trying to tell him. God is like McGyver, he can find a use for anything and anyone, even Firstfloor.

Comment

That's what I was trying to tell him. God is like McGyver, he can find a use for anything and anyone, even Firstfloor.
                      He kinda reminds me of the lesbian at our hearing yesterday, angrily lecturing the Senate Committee on how unconstitutional and highly offensive the "hate speech" of the HB3567 was. The ONLY people in the room who were acting in a hateful manner were those accusing us of hating them.

(And I think she must have been speaking from talking points emailed to her or something, because she kept mispronouncing words like "Divine -ity".)

Comment

He kinda reminds me of the lesbian at our hearing yesterday, angrily lecturing the Senate Committee on how unconstitutional and highly offensive the "hate speech" of the HB3567 was. The ONLY people in the room who were acting in a hateful manner were those accusing us of hating them.

(And I think she must have been speaking from talking points emailed to her or something, because she kept mispronouncing words like "Divine -ity".)
                        Some people are their own worst enemy.

Comment

If you had been paying attention CP,
                          He kinda reminds me of
                          God’s Plan. Surely?

Comment

If you had been paying attention CP,God’s Plan. Surely?
                            I don't pay much attention to you on purpose, FF. Sorry.

Comment

I don't pay much attention to you on purpose, FF. Sorry.
                              Evidently, its God’s Plan for you not to pay attention to what the rest of His Plan’s up to.

Comment

Evidently, its God’s Plan for you not to pay attention to what the rest of His Plan’s up to.
                                Evidently, my coal hod has a higher IQ than you do.

You know about as much about God's Plan as I know about ballet.

Comment