Thread: "And now for something completely different"

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

"And now for something completely different"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FMRluvcYeVw

I was shocked I tell ya, to realise that I've been helping an evil conspiracy of Satanic elites gain control of the world.
    Last edited by rwatts; 04-03-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwatts View Post

I was shocked I tell ya, to realise that I've been helping an evil conspiracy of Satanic elites gain control of the world.
    Does he ever get to the point? I turned it off after 2Ĺ minutes of his constant droning on about how important it is to listen to the video despite being tempted to turn it off.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Does he ever get to the point? I turned it off after 2Ĺ minutes of his constant droning on about how important it is to listen to the video despite being tempted to turn it off.
    After about 5 minutes he gets to, in a Hamish way, defining religion, and science, then he starts to abuse the theory of evolution. I turned it off at about 11 minutes, because I'd seen enough to ask a couple of questions to the person who sent me the link.

So he does get going after a while, but it looks to be the usual Ham kind of crap.

I simply loved that 5 minute warm up though.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Had you continued to the 13 minute mark you'd have found his greatest lie.

greatest_lie.jpg

Roy
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

Mountain Man: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So he does get going after a while, but it looks to be the usual Ham kind of crap.
    Nope. Bullfinch. It's the usual Hovind kind of crap.

vollovitch.jpg

Roy
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Anyone recognise this?

Attachment 5218

Roy

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy View Post

vollovitch.jpg

Roy
    I'm always amused and to a degree thoroughly annoyed that these folk. They:-

1) Tell such porkies on the one hand,

2) Then God talk on the other.

I understand that God is the supposed author of pure truth and justice. So why the lies and stupidity in his name?

A day or so ago, I got into a discussion with a creationist about design. He started talking about an intelligent designer, to which I informed him that it's reasonable then to ask questions about:-

1) How the designer designed and then

2) Having designed, went on to manufacture the design, and

3) What evidence can be offered in support of the above.

So the fellow returns and parodies and straw mans the scientific explanation then has the gall to tell me about God and how he wants to help me.

Well if God wants to help me, if his disciple wants to help me then at least:-

1) Answer questions when asked and

2) Stop misrepresenting other people.

This behaviour is just crap. It was on a site run by presuppositional apologists and an awful lot of ignorance and cowardice gets hidden behind that facade.

A few of these folk are reasonable but most are plain ignorant and arrogant and full of hubris. I love being told by many of them that I have no basis for my morality. That causes a lot of eye-rolling on my behalf.

Mature, reasoned Christians are great. But these folk leave me feeling very cold. Given that they stand between myself and the God they proclaim, it leaves me wondering what they hope me to believe, given such behaviour.
    Last edited by rwatts; 04-04-2015 at 07:03 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

vollovitch.jpg

Roy
    The fact that this is utter codswallop doesn't seem to bother them. They continue disseminating utterly demolished PRATTs.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization thatís not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Thinking
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

That's some weapons-grade stupidity being spouted in that video. It's also a gallop that would make Duane Gish proud!

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Anyone recognise this?

Attachment 5218

Roy
    THe attachment is, "Invalid."
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth Iím after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -ó Marcus Aurelius, Meditations