Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

More police brutality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IN other news, A police officer in Tulsa tackles, then shoots in the back, a 44 year old man. Initially, the police officer was like "oops," but after the filthy criminal had the nerve to get all offended, I mean, it's not like the officer broke his eyeglasses or anything, the officer curses him out.

Then he dieded.

Comment

Originally posted by nickcopernicus View Post
      IN other news, A police officer in Tulsa tackles, then shoots in the back, a 44 year old man. Initially, the police officer was like "oops," but after the filthy criminal had the nerve to get all offended, I mean, it's not like the officer broke his eyeglasses or anything, the officer curses him out.

Then he dieded.
      The officer was 73 years old.

From the article you cited:

A man can be heard apologizing and admitting to shooting a man in a video released at the weekend that documents the killing of a black suspect by a white reserve sheriff's deputy in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

From the same newspaper outlet:

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-cou...death-arrested

No mention of the shooter's race (he was Black)

http://www.mercurynews.com/my-town/c...g-police-chase

No mention of the drunk driver/killer's race (he was Hispanic)

So, I find it rather interesting that news outlets tend to focus on labeling the minorities who are killed by police officers while not labeling those who actually perpetrate crimes themselves.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        So, I find it rather interesting that news outlets tend to focus on labeling the minorities who are killed by police officers while not labeling those who actually perpetrate crimes themselves.
        I don't want the discussion dragged into race issues, so please take that elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
          I don't want the discussion dragged into race issues, so please take that elsewhere.
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Where are the #WhiteLivesMatter rallies and protests?
            Nowhere, because his life wasn't taken.
            Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by fm93 View Post
              Nowhere, because his life wasn't taken.
              What does that have to do with it?

Source: http://blacklivesmatter.com/about/

#BlackLivesMatter was created in 2012 after Trayvon Martin’s murderer, George Zimmerman, was acquitted for his crime, and dead 17-year old Trayvon was post-humously placed on trial for his own murder. Rooted in the experiences of Black people in this country who actively resist our de-humanization, #BlackLivesMatter is a call to action and a response to the virulent anti-Black racism that permeates our society. Black Lives Matter is a unique contribution that goes beyond extrajudicial killings of Black people by police and vigilantes.

© Copyright Original Source

That's what
              - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Yeah, I know. But the point still spoke of an underlying truth.

I was making a comment about the disparity in reporting details when a black person gets a beat down versus when a white person does.
                Nick:
                I will honor the OP and not talk further about race. I will only say that I agree with you. It just seems like racism, or perceived racism sells almost as well as sex.

Comment

Originally posted by nickcopernicus View Post
                  Nick:
                  I will honor the OP and not talk further about race. I will only say that I agree with you. It just seems like racism, or perceived racism sells almost as well as sex.
                  People don't burn down cities over sex, that's for sure. Much of it is way past its sell-by date, but the point of being in control of the media Eye of Sauron is that you can point the spotlight anywhere you want and light it up in whatever color you like. It's about power more than anything else, especially as the currency gets devalued.

Comment

Comment