Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Bedbugs 1, Car 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well on the positive side, I bet that apartment is bedbug free now.

Comment

house fire.jpg

House fires. Not just for bedbugs.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
        But this is why rubbing alcohol says caution:flammable, keep away from heat or open flame.
        Oh. I have to read those warnings?
        Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Interesting point about new clothing from china: http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/bedbugs.asp

It says to throw new stuff into the dryer for 20 minutes. Don't put these with other clothes until you've done that. Now I think they should have suggested going to a laundromat so you don't even have a chance to invite these critters home with you.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Took two treatments to get them out of my car last summer

Along with a couple sprayings from this

Wasn't there an account some years ago of somebody who set off several foggers in the house and went away for a few hours? The house blew up.

Then there was a story a month or two ago where a man went to a gasoline station to fill his tank. There was a spider crawling around the gas cap. So he got out his lighter to kill the spider. He wound up setting the car on fire. See pictures at https://thedaleygator.wordpress.com/...el-door-video/
            spider-fire-2-e1443312868772.jpg
            When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
              But this is why rubbing alcohol says caution:flammable, keep away from heat or open flame.
              Maybe his bottle said inflammable and he figurated that meant not flammable.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                Wasn't there an account some years ago of somebody who set off several foggers in the house and went away for a few hours? The house blew up.
                That's why they turn off pilot lights and the such in homes that are going to be fogged by exterminators.
                Last edited by rogue06; 12-12-2015, 05:20 AM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  That's why they turn off pilot lights and the such in homes that are going to be fogged by exterminators.
                  It's also why it's good to have electronic ignition on our stoves and heaters instead of pilot lights.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Another bedbug chapter of havoc...

http://fox6now.com/2017/06/04/disgru...ding-in-maine/

Comment

Best thing to kill bedbugs is Diatomceous earth. Non poisonous to humans. Also good for ants, roaches etc.
                      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                        Best thing to kill bedbugs is Diatomceous earth. Non poisonous to humans. Also good for ants, roaches etc.
                        But be careful with pets, especially cats. It isn't good for anything's tummy - people just don't lick themselves enough to be at risk.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                          But be careful with pets, especially cats. It isn't good for anything's tummy - people just don't lick themselves enough to be at risk.
                          Have you met Gerbz?
                          That's what
                          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            Diatomaceous Earth is in fact edible. It is in lots of food. It used to be used to be an ingredient in cheap ice milk*. It is supposedly harmless for mammals.

*Does ice milk even exist any longer? I have not seen or heard of it since I moved out of my parents home. A sorry substitute for real food.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                              Diatomaceous Earth is in fact edible. It is in lots of food. It used to be used to be an ingredient in cheap ice milk*. It is supposedly harmless for mammals.

*Does ice milk even exist any longer? I have not seen or heard of it since I moved out of my parents home. A sorry substitute for real food.
                              A 1994 change in United States Food and Drug Administration rules allowed ice milk to be labeled as low-fat ice cream in the United States

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                                They're going to be busy sprinkling that stuff for a while. Takes time to get all those critters.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X