Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

SONIC BOOM Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SONIC BOOM Discussion

New Sonic cartoon inbound and with it, an eighth timeline.

The baaaawfest in the comments over the aesthetics and other trivial stuff left me rolling!
    Unlike the "Everything after S3&K SUCKED HARD!" camp, I'm giving this a chance. At least they aren't trying to make a grungy Blade Runner knock-off!

It's a prequel to the show coming on cartoon network
    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

The cartoon's a prequel to the show itself? How?

Comment

Originally posted by DLAbaoaqu View Post
        New Sonic cartoon inbound and with it, an eighth timeline.

The baaaawfest in the comments over the aesthetics and other trivial stuff left me rolling!
        Unlike the "Everything after S3&K SUCKED HARD!" camp, I'm giving this a chance. At least they aren't trying to make a grungy Blade Runner knock-off!
        I find Sonic games to drop off in quality after Sonic Adventure 2/Sonic Advance 1, not S3&K. Have no way of knowing how this show will turn out though. Hopefully they won't continue making Eggman a joke though (and if they introduce Knuckles, he better not be a joke either).

Comment

Originally posted by Just Some Dude View Post
          I find Sonic games to drop off in quality after Sonic Adventure 2/Sonic Advance 1, not S3&K. Have no way of knowing how this show will turn out though. Hopefully they won't continue making Eggman a joke though (and if they introduce Knuckles, he better not be a joke either).
          Personally, I think they're starting to rebound as of S-Colors and S-Generations. I'm not writing off the series because Dreamcast died; I'm not that stupid.

Comment

Personally, I think they're starting to rebound as of S-Colors and S-Generations. I'm not writing off the series because Dreamcast died; I'm not that stupid.
            I've heard that some of the newer games are starting to pick back up in quality. Generations and the really new one especially looked like they were starting to do well again. I'm only so interested in them, but that may be because I try and milk what I've got instead of buying new games though. I still horribly dislike the presentation of some of the old characters in the new games, as well as the story choices. Those non-gameplay related things still have yet to rebound.

As for the series being dying after Dreamcast, I don't appreciate the implication of being stupid. Do notice that I put Sonic Advance 1, a Gameboy Advance game, right next to SA2. It's Sonic Advance 2 (GBA) where Sonic started to fall apart in game quality, as well as in character presentation and overall story/theme of the games. Eggman has been reduced to a joke villain in recent games; Knuckles, the original awesome guy, has been turned into comic relief whilst Shadow takes all the glory; Amy has become really creepy obsessive, whereas she at least had one or two redeeming qualities in the Adventure series; etc.

Comment

Looks pretty decent, although I kind of wish they hadn't cancelled Sonic Underground when they did. It was a weird, but overall good story. I liked Sonic Dark Chronicles as far as recent games, before that the best thing was Sonic Adventure 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                Looks pretty decent, although I kind of wish they hadn't cancelled Sonic Underground when they did.
                Meh, it was DiC. They couldn't finish a sandwich, let alone a story.

Comment

Meh, it was DiC. They couldn't finish a sandwich, let alone a story.
                  I actually really liked the story on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                    I actually really liked the story on that one.
                    Can't say the same for the insert songs.

Comment

Can't say the same for the insert songs.
                      True, not many of the songs were good, other than the beginning theme. For some reason I really liked it, and I generally don't like music.

Comment

Really nice game sonic, I liked.

Comment