Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

How modern marriage is a fools gamble for men

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno, if I were to be back in the market today--well, I probably wouldn't be. Not that I have anything against marriage and all, but but there were not many women I was interested in while I was at college. I like to think of it as, out of the 10k+ people there, there was only one that "was the one". The odds are not very good having moved to a small town and having a much smaller circle of friends now.

The older I get the less I envy the young(er).
    No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Originally posted by Outis View Post
      More to the point--be the right man. Even your Bible say's "Husbands, love your wives." It doesn't matter how "right" she is if he's a self-centered slob.
      I'd amen that. IF we had an AMEN button!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Unfortunate as it is, I'm inclined to agree with Darth on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by supton View Post
          I dunno, if I were to be back in the market today--well, I probably wouldn't be. Not that I have anything against marriage and all, but but there were not many women I was interested in while I was at college. I like to think of it as, out of the 10k+ people there, there was only one that "was the one". The odds are not very good having moved to a small town and having a much smaller circle of friends now.

The older I get the less I envy the young(er).
          The Dallas area has something called "Events and Adventures" where, supposedly, it's more about singles doing fun things together than specifically meeting for dates. Even if false, I fail to see how meeting someone while doing something interesting is a bad thing. I suspect if something happened to Mrs. C, that's what I'd do. But I may not care, anyway. Taking care of Little C by myself would be enough of a challenge, methinks.

Marriage is what you make of it, though. There's little use in declaring what the Real Problem (TM) with it is.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Putting this together, divorce reform is all about redistributing power from the husband who wants to honor the marriage vows to the wife who doesn’t.
            This part amused me, though. Because the woman just wants out because she has no reverence for her vows. Darn women can't take nothing for serious.
            I'm not here anymore.

Comment

I'm thinking the problem is not with Modern Marriage, but with the decline of American Civilization.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Probably part (or a large part) of the reason I can't bring myself to ever want to marry an American girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Some Dude View Post
                  Probably part (or a large part) of the reason I can't bring myself to ever want to marry an American girl.
                  Hmmmmm.... sounds familiar.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My wife is a wonderful American girl.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

This is the point where the creepy MRAs start fetishising foreign (especially Asian) women because they think they'll put up with their crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrs View Post
                        This is the point where the creepy MRAs start fetishising foreign (especially Asian) women because they think they'll put up with their crap.
                        Yeah, you really don't have to be a man that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Just Some Dude View Post
                          They're not necessarily any "better" outside North America. The myth of the mystical foreign woman must be dispelled. Women are women regardless of what country they're born in. (It is true, however, that certain cultures may be more morally/spiritually bankrupt than others.)
                          Last edited by The Remonstrant; 02-15-2014, 11:18 AM.
                          For Neo-Remonstration (Arminian/Remonstrant ruminations): <https://theremonstrant.blogspot.com>

Comment

The myth of the mystical foreign woman. Oooh, I like that!
                            βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                            ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Yeah, you really don't have to be a man that way.
                              Amen/yeah

Comment

Originally posted by The Remonstrant View Post
                                They're not necessarily any "better" outside North America. The myth of the mystical foreign woman must be dispelled. Women are women regardless of what country they're born in. (It is true, however, that certain cultures may be more morally/spiritually bankrupt than others.)
                                Thanks.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X