Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Three words nobody ever wants to hear (or say)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mentioned your wife's situation during the prayer requests time at the pastor's Bible study on Wednesday night.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      I mentioned your wife's situation during the prayer requests time at the pastor's Bible study on Wednesday night.
      Thanks
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
        -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        I support the :
        sigpic

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Still ing.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxmnfLwaWZ8

I know you know these things. I know you know that so many of us are continuing in prayer for Susie and for you and for your family.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

As we have discussed before, Moss... it's a lot of these old songs and hymns that God brings to mind when facing difficulty. It was a song (Tell Me the Story of Jesus) that brought me back to the Lord from my youthful rebellion.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  As we have discussed before, Moss... it's a lot of these old songs and hymns that God brings to mind when facing difficulty. It was a song (Tell Me the Story of Jesus) that brought me back to the Lord from my youthful rebellion.

Sometimes I remember scripture, too!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    I picked up the "reports" packet from St. Luke's Hospital's Imaging Lab in preparation for our visit to MD Anderson on Monday.

I'm beginning to wish I hadn't read the findings.

Your wife is in my church bulletin.
                    Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                    sigpic
                    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post

Your wife is in my church bulletin.
                      Much appreciated, sir.

Comment

Comment

We sang Leaning on the Everlasting Arms this morning. We read about the origins of this hymn. The song is based on Deuteronomy 33:27, The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.............

In the reading, there were a couple of quotes that were very meaningful. I thought I would share them with you here.

From Charles Spurgeon:

God, the eternal God, is our support at all times, especially when we are sinking into deep trouble. There are seasons when we sink quite low..........Dear child of God, even when you are at your lowest, underneath are the everlasting arms.

And from Matthew Henry:

However low the people of God are at any time brought, everlasting arms are underneath them to keep the spirit from fainting and the faith from failing, even when they are pressed above measure...........everlasting arms with which believers have been wonderfully sustained and kept cheerful in the worst of times. Divine grace is sufficient.

Comment

Thank you, Moss -- you are a blessing.

Comment

You and yours are so much on my mind lately.

Comment

I'm really proud of her (and, yes, I have told her this).

She's handling this very well. The information we have so far is that there is a "high probability of malignancy" (on the form, it's in all caps and bolded) and defines the mass in detailed anatomical terms as to location and extent.

I asked her if she was nervous, because tomorrow is the day we'll spend pretty much all day at MD Anderson in Houston.

She said, "I'm not as nervous as I am anxious -- when you have something inside you that you know is growing and could kill you, you want it out".

She is prepared for the worst, but we'll see where this goes.

Again, thanks for your prayers.

Comment