Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just remember guys, it is NOT about the nail!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Just remember guys, it is NOT about the nail!

(Gerb posted this on facebook)

2. Amen Raphael, Chaotic Void amen'd this post.
    Department Head Apologiaphoenix's Avatar
    Faith
    Trinitarian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And this is a mistake we make time and time again even though I know better. It's easier to fix the problem rather than to just be there and listen.

4. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    If it is fixable, then fixing it eliminates the problem. If a woman just wants to whine in order to get sympathy, when the problem is solvable, then she needs therapy. Some people just like to feel bad and have others feel sorry for them.

Faith
    Trinitarian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No. A woman is interested in fixing the problem, but first, she wants to establish an emotional connection and make sure that she is heard and understood.

7. Amen Jedidiah amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologiaphoenix View Post
    No. A woman is interested in fixing the problem, but first, she wants to establish an emotional connection and make sure that she is heard and understood.
    Well it's hard to be heard and understood with a nail sticking out of her frontal lobe. I say yank the durn nail out and then listen.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    That is probably the first and second time but when it becomes the twentieth time then it is just someone whining and wanting sympathy/attention.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" -- starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)

10. Amen Sparko, Chaotic Void amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Trinitarian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Well it's hard to be heard and understood with a nail sticking out of her frontal lobe. I say yank the durn nail out and then listen.
    While I agree with Rogue on what he said, the first and second time, she wants to be heard first. Men aren't like that. That's what makes marriage so unique. You really have to learn to speak and think a different way. Both man and woman do.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    While I agree with Rogue on what he said, the first and second time, she wants to be heard first. Men aren't like that. That's what makes marriage so unique. You really have to learn to speak and think a different way. Both man and woman do.
    Nah. You are just henpecked.

Just pull the nail out. If you see the problem then you have listened to her and you can solve the problem. Then if she keeps whining, it is her just feeling sorry for herself for no reason.

Faith
    Trinitarian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Nah. You are just henpecked.

Just pull the nail out. If you see the problem then you have listened to her and you can solve the problem. Then if she keeps whining, it is her just feeling sorry for herself for no reason.
    No. This really doesn't follow.

Besides, any married guy knows that that comfort means you can often get to hold your wife really close. That can be its own reward.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No. This really doesn't follow.

Besides, any married guy knows that that comfort means you can often get to hold your wife really close. That can be its own reward.
    Yeah if you want a whiny pet that uses "suffering" as bait.

I had a friend who was dating this one girl who was very independant and athletic. After a while he wanted to break it off and just after he did, she had a car accident and he felt sorry for her and comforted her. From that point on, she used suffering and problems as a hook to keep him. He eventually married her but he was never happy. And whenever anyone was around she would love to list her ailment and give my friend puppydog eyes till he hugged and comforted her. She had back problems, nerve problems, migraines, and so on. Nothing that could be objectively diagnosed.

You can hug and love your wife without being a crutch (not talking about you personally Nick) and she can do the same for you. Mutual care and compassion is what a marriage needs. Not someone who is just looking to use suffering as a way to keep someone close or to use as a battering ram against them ("You never listen! How can you treat me like that! I am hurting!")

15. Amen Chaotic Void amen'd this post.