Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

Stages in Spiritual Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for interest's sake:

Dr. James W. Fowler III is Professor of Theology and Human Development at Emory University, and was director of both the Center for Research on Faith and Moral Development and the Center for Ethics until he retired in 2005. He is a minister in the United Methodist Church, and is best known for his book Stages of Faith, published in 1981, in which he sought to develop the idea of a developmental process in faith.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
      Honestly, you should try reading the book. These little statements are very brief...I think it's a little premature to dismiss a work without reading it.
      You're the one who claimed that what you quoted was a 'reasonable summation' of his work. Are you retracting that?

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
        You're the one who claimed that what you quoted was a 'reasonable summation' of his work. Are you retracting that?
        Are you ok with the word 'summation' and what it implies. Honestly, you go looking for something to fight about.

Comment

Originally posted by pancreasman View Post
          Are you ok with the word 'summation' and what it implies. Honestly, you go looking for something to fight about.
          Nah, I point out a big flaw in the thesis as presented in your 'reasonable summation' and then you try to wriggle away and deflect it by claiming that I am prematurely dismissing the work.

Given that my criticism is correct, if it doesn't apply to the work it means that your 'reasonable summation' fails to accurately present the argument of the work (which isn't surprising).

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
            Nah, I point out a big flaw in the thesis as presented in your 'reasonable summation' and then you try to wriggle away and deflect it by claiming that I am prematurely dismissing the work.

Given that my criticism is correct, if it doesn't apply to the work it means that your 'reasonable summation' fails to accurately present the argument of the work (which isn't surprising).
            Yeah, you're right. You win.

Comment

I study James Fowler's work in conjunction with child and adolescent psychology more specifically we study James Fowler in conjunction with Jean Piaget and Erik Erikson. His work has much more depth when studied with those two developmental theorists. He somewhat is a natural conclusion of the other two theories.
              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
              George Bernard Shaw

Comment