Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Blue Bell a Class Act

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    Yeah, we need it. There is quite a significant part of the local populace this affects -- and those who have lost their jobs, or have reduced income, will have less money to spend in local restaurants, shops, services, etc. Another of the more significant local employers had just announced 150 employees laid off the week before.

Earlier this year, things were looking downright cheery, and companies were hiring like crazy to "gear up" for expansion, etc.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm hearing that Blue Bell may reopen late August / Early September. I hope.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Blue Bell to start trial run of ice cream production at its Alabama plant

http://www.click2houston.com/news/bl...plant/34059980

HOUSTON -

According to the Alabama Department of Health, Blue Bell Creameries will begin trial runs of ice cream production at its plant in Sylacauga, Alabama.

The run, which would be on a limited basis in order to test and monitor new procedures, enhancement and training, could begin as early as July 20.

"We have been working diligently to prepare our facilities to resume test production, and our focus throughout this process has been to ensure the public that when our products return to market, they are safe," said Greg Bridges, vice president of operations for Blue Bell. "We are very excited about taking these important first steps as part of the process of getting high-quality Blue Bell products back to consumers."

There's no word yet on when sales will begin, but it does signal progress by the company in cleaning up its tainted production facilities.

Comment

I even know where Sylacauga is - used to live about fifty miles from there.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

OK, sad news.....

Lots of local coverage about the allegations that Blue Bell KNEW there were problems at its local plant. Random testing in South Carolina of Blue Bell products tested positive for listeria, and the Texas plant was notified. They shut down the product line for the products tested and reported, but continued to operate. Whistleblowers are reporting that their complaints of unsanitary conditions at Blue Bell were ignored, and Blue Bell was aware of the problem before it became public information.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                OK, sad news.....

Lots of local coverage about the allegations that Blue Bell KNEW there were problems at its local plant. Random testing in South Carolina of Blue Bell products tested positive for listeria, and the Texas plant was notified. They shut down the product line for the products tested and reported, but continued to operate. Whistleblowers are reporting that their complaints of unsanitary conditions at Blue Bell were ignored, and Blue Bell was aware of the problem before it became public information.

Thread title change needed?
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  Thread title change needed?
                  It's starting to look like that.

Comment

So, Blue Bell has ramped up operations - been doing fine. Not sure how much of the bad publicity was from.... .... it all seems to have blown over.

Comment

OK, sad news.....

Since Starlight likes to bring up this thread as some moronic attempt to make me look dishonest (or whatever), I'll post this here so I don't have to hunt it down again....

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
                      It does remind me of a Cow Poke thread through, when he celebrated the Christian moral uprightness of Blue Bell Icecream's honest response to a listeria outbreak, only to have ice cream on his face when they were subsequently indicted for conspiracy and fraud in covering it up. At least unlike him, you weren't actually trying to celebrate the person for the very thing they did wrong.
                      As you read this thread, I am "celebrating" the fact that a local company did its best to keep people on the payroll, because it's a very large part of local employment.

Later, as it appeared there was a coverup, I was the one who posted it in this thread - starting with "OK, sad news...."

As the whole thing played out, we learned this...

Ah, here ya go again with your vindictive little screed....

My celebration of Blue Bell's management was that they took care of their people, keeping them employed, even continuing to pay them when the plant was shut down, and they are actually still in business and expanding dramatically. When you dishonestly claim "they" were indicted - it was actually one person -- Paul Kruz, the President. He was indicted, then all charges against him were dismissed.

Kruse was previously charged by criminal information on May 1, 2020, during the temporary closure of grand juries in the Western District of Texas due to the COVID-19 pandemic. That criminal information later was dismissed without opposition from the government, and the new indictment returned by the grand jury, which has resumed operations, now sets out the charges against Kruse.

The indictment filed against Kruse merely alleges that crimes have been committed. All defendants are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Again, all charges against him were dismissed, and he, alone, was the person indicted, not the corporation.
                      Now, I will willingly admit that Paul Kruz, IN MY OPINION, orchestrated a coverup to keep his butt out of jail, but a number of other high level executives cooperated with the investigation, leading, eventually, to all charges against Kruz being dismissed.

Kruz's biggest "crime" was directing an attempt to recover tainted (or possibly tainted) product from store shelves without notifying the Feds, as was his responsibility.

Comment