Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 04/24/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 04/24/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    You ‘n Jesus need some alone time…

“News about Jesus kept spreading. Large crowds came to listen to him teach and to be healed of their diseases. But Jesus would often go to some place where he could be alone and pray.” (Luke 5:15–16, CEV)

Your relationship with Jesus is very personal! While it is true it reaches out far beyond you embracing a world starving for its own relationship with Jesus your relationship with Jesus begins in your heart one-on-one. One way our relationship with Jesus can be honed and nurtured is to emulate the life and activities he pursued such as going off some place alone so he could be with God in prayer.

Does your spiritual life seem to be stalled? Are you finding yourself spiritually hollow and empty? When you look at your spiritual gauge is it resting on empty? If your answer is yes to 1 or more then you know the drill! “If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28 CEV)

You may be thinking I go off to a room in my own home and be alone with Jesus. That may be true physically but what about all the good or bad memories can you push them out of your mind? For every one there is a special place where Jesus feels more alive than any other place. It may be in a church. It may be in a park that has special memories. It may be even be in a busy place where people are coming and going. And in spite of what I’ve already stated it may even be your own home in a room set aside especially as a sanctuary. And if you don’t have a special place then by all means go in search of one because it goes like this – the closer you are to Jesus the easier it is for him to bless you with what you need. Do you have a “Planet Mercury” relationship with Jesus? Or is it a “Planet Pluto” relationship with Jesus?

Wherever your “runaway to Jesus” place is you NEED to retreat there on a regular basis. So stop making excuses Jesus is waiting! The more alive Jesus becomes in your life the more alive and loved you will feel!

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

The LORD gives strength to those who are weary… But those who trust the LORD will find new strength…” (Isaiah 40:29, 31 CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”

Amen Crusty! Timely words.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X