Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Acharya S Has Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

I read some of her books and although I didn't agree with her I respected her ability as a writer.

This is perhaps one of her last writings she posted to help pay her medical expenses.
      Hi!

My name is D.M. Murdock, and I am also known by the pen name "Acharya S." I've been publishing my writings online since 1995 and have many published books and ebooks as well.

I am well known for tracing religious and mythological ideas to their roots in remote antiquity. In my articles, ebooks and books, I examine the best of the world’s great religious and mythological tree dating back thousands of years, including examining humanity's oldest records and remains, often in their original languages. My last book drew from over a dozen languages, in fact!

My illness of fast-acting inflammatory breast cancer was diagnosed in April of 2015 and is quite serious, with metastasis to my liver and possibly my brain. My treatment is costly, and I am in urgent need at this time, as this is a crisis that cannot wait. During the past months since my diagnosis, I have been diligent in following the best advice to deal with my personal situation and the type of cancer I have.

I have a young child - a beautiful boy! - who is in desperate need of his mother, and I have been fighting mightily to make sure I am there for him in the long run, so he will be able to grow up with his mother, and I'll be able to watch him mature into a great man. He has many favorite things to do - he's a terrific basketball player! And he recently designed his own video game.

Any assistance in my struggle would be greatly appreciated not only by me but also by my dear "sweetness and light," as I call my boy. His despair over my situation is so heartbreaking! Unfortunately, he has never known any grandparents, as they are deceased, and my remaining family is not a large one. I have been his "world" for most of his life.

When I began to study the subject of cancer, I was appalled to discover that cancer rates in the United States and in other developing countries such as Japan are expected to reach a whopping one in two men (50%) and one in three women (33%), with women's rates increasing. When I was growing up, I don't recall any children having cancer, but three of my son's classmates have battled brain cancer, and two of them have died, at the age of 12! I am so saddened and horrified by their situation and that of so many others.

We are facing a cancer epidemic globally, and anyone who has cancer knows that fact merely by looking around at their oncologists' office and infusion rooms. It is beyond tragic to see people of all ages in and out of these offices. With successful treatment, I can bring attention to this terrifying issue, which will affect just about everyone at some point, it seems.

With your help, I am confident I can turn my situation around and provide inspiration to others facing one of life's most distressing and dire health issues.

Thank you for your attention to this urgent matter. Despite my relative notoriety, I have lived the life of a "starving artist," so your support means the world to me and my family!

Much love,

D.M. Murdock/Acharya S
      My prayers are now for her son in this time.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X