Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine

Well, considering the other thread titles are Beer, Whiskey and Rum, we might as well round it out.

Enjoying a Chardonnay at the moment. Not sure by who, but it's enjoyable.
    No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

I like wine, though I've only ever had cheap wine and I don't buy it often because it's inconvenient.

It is good, though. I prefer red wine to white wine.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

But I don't want to.

Oh. Sorry. Wrong whine.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

My wife drinks Barefoot. I don't drink alcohol.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          My wife drinks Barefoot. I don't drink alcohol.
          Even in the winter? Don't her feet get cold?

Or are you one of those male chauvinists who keeps his wife barefoot and in the kitchen making you sammiches?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Best red to go with steak, Châteauneuf-du-Pape. Very full-bodied and robust. Will not be overpowered by a good steak. It is known for being good, year in and year out, so you don't have to worry about vintage.

Best Chardonnay: Cakebread. Ferrari-Carano Reserve is also very good and only about half the price of Cakebread.
            βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
            ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Wife got an app for her iThing but it only uses three stars to rate. Bugs her, but its not like she would pay money for an app. App is good though for avoiding wines we do not like. But it means I am clueless as to what we like.

Have found though that I am preferring the better wines now. Minimum of eight bucks per bottle, and usually ten makes for a decent wine. Interestingly enough, I have found that I tend to drink cheap whites fast, and then want more--but I am satisfied with just one decent glass of red. A good white and two is fine.

Comment

I'm not particular about wine, though I generally prefer red. I usually just get some at a winery near my relatives (Volant Mill Winery in PA). Chateau Ste. Michelle makes a nice Riesling. I had a bad experience or two with Riunite early in my drinking days, so I try to limit my wine consumption.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

I guess I've never paid attention to the type of wine I've drunk.

Comment

I've tried a few types. Some I hated, some were pretty good. But wine isn't really my thing.
                    "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Wine is pretty much the only alcohol I can drink (which is funny, as my new job is at a wine and spirits store) and enjoy. Beer tastes like old carbonated water and yeast mixed together. Gin tastes like liquefied Christmas trees. Whiskey is lighter fluid. Rum burns my sinuses. Vodka is rubbing alcohol.

My favorite is Franco Amoroso Moscato d’ Asti.
                      8003701--Moscato-D'Asti-Franco-Amoroso.jpg

An Italian wine, its made in the town of Asti. Due to its method of production, it has half the alcoholic content of most wines, meaning I could enjoy it without my face getting bright red and itchy after 1 glass. I bought a bottle for my girlfriend for her birthday and we absolutely loved it. Reasonably priced too!

There's a lot of wineries where I live; New York is second only to California in US wine production. I used to drive past some of them during my clinicals.

Comment

I'm a teetotaler who was raised by a whisky drinking alcoholic, the only time I ever considered not abstaining was when I could smell the red wine a friend of mine had ordered at a restaurant from across the table. It smelled really good.
                        Does he who supplies the Spirit to you and works miracles among you do so by works of the law, or by hearing with faith? -Galatians 3:5

Comment

Originally posted by supton View Post
                          Well, considering the other thread titles are Beer, Whiskey and Rum, we might as well round it out.

Enjoying a Chardonnay at the moment. Not sure by who, but it's enjoyable.
                          I keep wine around for when I'm cooking with it (typically either GOOD Bolognese Sauce or Coq au Vin), but I will admit I enjoyed this stuff called 19 Crimes a couple years back (it's an Australian Shiraz, if memory serves).
                          Last edited by Chaotic Void; 08-02-2015, 01:25 PM.
                          Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

I keep seeing "19 Crimes" at the store, but am too cheap to buy it. More than $6 a bottle and I'm out.

Recently I found The Naked Grape's Pinot Noir to be really good. Bota Box chardonay is ok, nothing fancy but good for a box wine. Barefoot pinot grigio is really good, as this Volga stuff my wife picks up from time to time.

Comment

I just bought a bottle of Port the other day (Cockburn's Reserve). This stuff will probably be the "Wine that I keep Around for Nice Meals... or when I don't feel like Rum/Whiskey/Beer"
                              Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X