Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

First Woman to win Olympic Gold in Men's Swimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Woman to win Olympic Gold in Men's Swimming

How the heck are the record books supposed to keep up?
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Is this a reference to Bruce Jenner?
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Why would you think that?
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

It's so nice to see everyone in the media applauding the courage of a mentally unstable man's sudden desire to mutilate himself.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I was surprised to learn he'd married into the the most dysfunctional family ever. That didn't help, I'm sure.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Why is it that Uncle Bubba deciding he's really Napoleon and wanting his legs shortened is obviously delusional but when he decides he's really Aunt Bubbette and wants something else shortened, he's perfectly sane?

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
              Why is it that Uncle Bubba deciding he's really Napoleon and wanting his legs shortened is obviously delusional but when he decides he's really Aunt Bubbette and wants something else shortened, he's perfectly sane?
              And worthy of being called a "role model" by his ex-stepson
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I discovered the other day that I am actually a Chinese woman.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Can I temporarily become 55 just long enough to get the senior discount at Denny's?
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I've decided to become a raccoon. Now I don't have to feel bad about stealing food.
                    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      Can I temporarily become 55 just long enough to get the senior discount at Denny's?
                      I actually got my family's check covered at Denny's because I told them that their policy said "12 and under eat free" and that there were only 5 of us.
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                        I've decided to become a raccoon. Now I don't have to feel bad about stealing food.
                        I'd be careful... have you seen Over the Hedge?
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          I'd be careful... have you seen Over the Hedge?
                          Good point.
                          "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
                            RocketRaccoonRIP.jpg

No! You'll be missed.

Comment

Yes, and I am a lesbian woman trapped in a man's body! Oh the horror!
                              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment