Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have Rejoined the Techno-Possessed!

Got my new laptop today!!!

Got a new LG ($9 at DG - washed the phone so I had to have a new on... ) Thursday and a sewing machine last Saturday!!!

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Congrats! DG?
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Dollar General
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

That's it! I'm posting in the Girly Thread. So point me!

oh

wait.....
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

She got a track phone
          A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
          George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
            She got a track phone
            Can she use it anywhere else other than the track?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

My dad has an ancient LG flip phone. It's been in the toilet at least once and through the washer four times. Rice saved the day each time. I dread the day it finally quits.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I've never owned any mobile devices. Not even a cell phone.

On the other hand, I've been using computers since 1980, and I buy a new computer every few years. So I don't really feel like I'm falling behind in the tech category.
                Middle-of-the-road swing voter. Feel free to sway my opinion.

Comment

I remember my first cell phone. Didn't work within 20miles of home--but I had a cellphone!
                  No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

I am the reluctant owner of a flip phone. I will stay with it until it is no longer supported, I expect. Smart phones are just too smart for me.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                      Got my new laptop today!!!

Got a new LG ($9 at DG - washed the phone so I had to have a new on... ) Thursday and a sewing machine last Saturday!!!

So does that mean we can finally put you back on the moderating team?
                      Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                      1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                      -Ben Witherington III

Comment

what kind of laptop?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                          I am the reluctant owner of a flip phone. I will stay with it until it is no longer supported, I expect. Smart phones are just too smart for me.
                          I think flip phones are an upgrade over my cell phone. Tracfone does offer one or two smart phone models, so I'll probably upgrade eventually. My cell phone normally stays off unless I need to use it (I have to charge it about every 3 months).
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            I think flip phones are an upgrade over my cell phone. Tracfone does offer one or two smart phone models, so I'll probably upgrade eventually. My cell phone normally stays off unless I need to use it (I have to charge it about every 3 months).
                            I got mine so I could be reached by my wife. She is the only one who calls me. I do not use it for much of anything.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                              I got mine so I could be reached by my wife. She is the only one who calls me. I do not use it for much of anything.
                              That reminds me of an incident YEARS ago, where a new base commander was assigned to Goodbuddy Airplane Patch in San Angelo where I was a consultant. I happened to be in his office on an unrelated matter, and he was giving instructions to a new aide - a young Marine, if I remember correctly - and he said, "oh, by the way, if my wife calls at any time, no matter what I'm doing, she is more important than anything else going on - so you will put her through immediately".

That really made an impression on me.
                              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment