Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Thought I would check in as well......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    For those seeking the truth it can be found by following and believing in Jesus.
    This I do believe. But not everything that people say Jesus said was actually said by Jesus. And all of that extra stuff just leads to religion where the precepts of men are taught. All of that temporal stuff just confuses people.

Comment

Originally posted by Franktalk View Post
      Life is a box of chocolates CP, a box of chocolates. Some bitter and some sweet.
      Frank,

Instead of taking the Bible and the BOM and "stripping out" what you don't accept, why not just write your own bible? Don't bother putting it in print, though, cause your views change frequently. You could just put it online, and do daily edits.

Remember when you used scripture to prove that reincarnation was phony? Then you started preaching reincarnation?
      Remember when Jo started a thread about how you were converted to Mormonism, then you wrote a post to Vivian explaining you did not convert?
      Remember when you accepted the "priesthood" of Mormonism, then started ranting about how you would never go to Temple until all people could go to Temple?

You're a nutcase, Frank - an outright fraud.

NEWSFLASH --- we have another guy who's smarter than God and will "strip out" all the stuff God wrote that isn't important!
      Last edited by Cow Poke; 05-01-2015, 08:40 AM.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by jo1952 View Post
        Here is something which does not need to be stripped from the Old Testament:
        Still praying for you, Jo.

Here is what doesn't need to be stripped from the Old Testament: Genesis - Malachi.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And, just for the record, here's what doesn't need to be "stripped" from the New Testament: Matthew - Revelation, Maps & Concordance.

(just kidding about maps and concordance - those are optional )

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Frank,

Instead of taking the Bible and the BOM and "stripping out" what you don't accept, why not just write your own bible? Don't bother putting it in print, though, cause your views change frequently. You could just put it online, and do daily edits.
            Actually all of that extra stuff has a purpose. I am no prophet. It is not my job to make the path easy.

1Pe_2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

It is all in the plan of salvation. We were appointed to stumble until the day arrives when we have our eyes opened. Me writing about my beliefs will not change the hearts of men. It must come from within.

Thanks for all of your kind words CP. Always a fine example of the kind of person you feel Jesus to be.

Comment

Thanks for all of your kind words CP. Always a fine example of the kind of person you feel Jesus to be.
              It's my job to call out frauds and false prophets, Frank. And I'm wondering why you're still masquerading as a Mormon.

Originally posted by franktalk
              Hi Viv,

I don't see it as a conversion. Being a Christian means many things to many people. So being a Baptist or some other denomination means little to me.
              This was shortly after Jo had started a thread rejoicing that you had converted to Mormonism. You fooled her, but not us. You're a fraud, Frank.

Comment

CP,

I am sure you are being the best you can be. As close as you can you do not judge because to judge will bring judgement upon you. And you forgive the best you can as well. We all can do better when we try and follow these commandments. I hope to improve with time as I learn more truth. I find that change comes when more truth is acquired. I am sure you know that as well.

Comment

Hi Frank and Jo! Wishing you both the best!

Comment

CP,

As close as you can you do not judge because to judge will bring judgement upon you.
                    When I spot a fraud, Frank, I have a duty and responsibility to expose him - and as Paul told Titus - "be as harsh as necessary".

You're a fraud. I called it WAY back when, and you have proven it over and over.

Comment

Hi Lao Tzu,

Nice to be here. Are there any good debates going on?

Comment

When I spot a fraud, Frank, I have a duty and responsibility to expose him - and as Paul told Titus - "be as harsh as necessary".

You're a fraud. I called it WAY back when, and you have proven it over and over.
                        Paul for the most part taught religion. His words in many cases do not match those of Christ. In fact many are completely opposite. I will choose the words of Christ over Paul any day.

Comment

Paul for the most part taught religion. His words in many cases do not match those of Christ. In fact many are completely opposite. I will choose the words of Christ over Paul any day.
                          You are choosing the words of Christ you want to use, and twisting them to say what you want to say.
                          Typical cultist.

You're a fraud, frank. And not even very good at it.

Comment

For the record, Jo, I don't hate you, and never have. I don't know of a single person on Tweb who hates you. I think you're really confused, as evidenced by your drastic and frequently changing beliefs. I can't hate somebody just because they're confused.
                            So, you don't think that believing someone is damned as being a form of hate? Surely, loving others as you love yourself would not include believing that YOU are damned....so how can you think that of someone else? What a crock....bs...passive-aggressive behavior. So, now tell me that you don't think I am damned....say it as you pray for my soul....lol.

Comment

So, you don't think that believing someone is damned as being a form of hate?
                              First of all, Jo, I never said, nor implied, that you were damned. And I don't hate you. I think you're confused.

Surely, loving others as you love yourself would not include believing that YOU are damned....
                              Woah, hold up... please show me where I ever indicated that you were damned.

so how can you think that of someone else?
                              I don't.

What a crock....bs...passive-aggressive behavior.
                              I think you're confused, Jo.

So, now tell me that you don't think I am damned....say it as you pray for my soul....lol.
                              Can you show where I EVER said you were damned? EVER?

And I'm still praying for you.

Comment

So, you don't think that believing someone is damned as being a form of hate? Surely, loving others as you love yourself would not include believing that YOU are damned....so how can you think that of someone else? What a crock....bs...passive-aggressive behavior. So, now tell me that you don't think I am damned....say it as you pray for my soul....lol.
                                Now THERE is the Jo that I missed so much...

Originally posted by FrankTalk

And the Frank I remember...
                                That's what
                                - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                                - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                                - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X