No announcement yet.

Exploratory Thread: Mercenaries (3.5e)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm planning on playing a Horizon Walker: will there be any differences in the planar masteries?
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
      All are welcome. There's enough experienced players here to help you out as needed.
      I will try to create my character. Do i have to create 2 character? What level is the bored mercenary? The second character, i'll great beginner.

Comment

Character creation is 28 point buy. You'll be creating a level 20 and a level 7 character. The level 20 character gets the Leadership feat for free with the level 7 character being treated as its cohort. Obviously, the two need to know each other. You won't have any followers.

Starting gold for the level 7 is 13,000gp. Starting gold for the level 20 is 580,000gp. No single item for the Level 20 should be worth more than 100,000gp, and the permanent stat boosting items (manuals and tomes) are off limits. If you want custom magic items, we can discuss what and why, but if it's reasonable I'll probably allow it.

Your level 20 characters are the ones forming the guild. They don't have to be an intact adventuring party, but they need to know each other and have sufficient reason to work together. The details will be left up to you.

The SRD is standard guidelines. If it's important, I'll consider modifications, but I'm trying to stick as close to the baseline as possible. All wizards get access to Astral Projection even if Necromancy is a closed school to them.

If there are specific homebrew rules you'd like considered, feel free to say so. No promises on what I'll actually change.

Other than that, general information thread can be found here: Mercenaries Reference. Please try to ask questions here, since that thread is intended primarily for reference.
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
          I'm planning on playing a Horizon Walker: will there be any differences in the planar masteries?
          No.

Originally posted by Pinoy View Post
          I will try to create my character. Do i have to create 2 character? What level is the bored mercenary? The second character, i'll great beginner.
          Yes, make two characters. If you need help you can ask here or PM Chrs or myself. There's a free character generator you can use to help figure out what the options are: http://www.pathguy.com/cg35lite.htm.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

I was going to go wizard for the big guy, druid for the smaller guy. Any objections?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrs View Post
              I was going to go wizard for the big guy, druid for the smaller guy. Any objections?
              I read a bit of the manual. I gain some understanding. Would you allow for the leader to have atleast one lvl 2 other class? Still trying to come up with a background story.

Comment

Yes, you can multiclass. Do you have a copy of the players handbook available?

Comment

Planning on an archery-focused ranger/horizon walker for the high-level and a bard for the low-level. It seems like aligning them both with Laus makes the most sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrs View Post
                    Not sure that you're asking me, but I have no objections. ;p

Planning on an archery-focused ranger/horizon walker for the high-level and a bard for the low-level. It seems like aligning them both with Laus makes the most sense.
                    Laus would be a good fit. Zatra might be an interesting choice for the bard, too.
                    I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Not sure that you're asking me, but I have no objections. ;p
                      Oh, sure, give two of the most powerful classes in the game to the player who specializes in MUs. It won't force you to make the encounters tougher for the rest of us, nope.

Laus would be a good fit. Zatra might be an interesting choice for the bard, too.
                      Zatra would be interesting. It's still an open question, I suppose.

Comment

Oh, sure, give two of the most powerful classes in the game to the player who specializes in MUs. It won't force you to make the encounters tougher for the rest of us, nope.
                        The rest of you are free to object. This is a team effort. :)
                        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

The rest of you are free to object. This is a team effort. :)
                          Rather have him running the overpowered MUs than try to do it myself

Comment

Rather have him running the overpowered MUs than try to do it myself
                            How can i object if i know little (near the border of nothing)

Comment

I am reading the Hypertext d20 SRD site. Will that be enough

Comment

Overpowered MUs? Doesn't seem like me at all

@Pinoy - Check your PMs

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X