No announcement yet.

Exploratory Thread: Mercenaries (3.5e)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we're balanced for a level 5 party right now. Either you shave the top two levels and WBL of equipment off, we all add two more levels' worth, or we have a party without level balance.
    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimelessTheist View Post
      Is a level 7 okay? I ask, because I don't want to redo my character sheet all over again.
      You need to redo it, anyway. The starting setup for the other campaign was different than this one. Use level 5, 32 point buy with 17,000gp starting gold.
      I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• Ok, so a few things to get settled before we go much further. I should have spelled these out earlier, but oh well.

-Spellcasters need to specify when they prepare their spells each day. Those that don't need to prepare spells can just use midnight as the rollover if you want.

-I'm going to allow Paladins to use Charisma as their base attribute for spellcasting. Keeping it as wisdom seems to stretch points too thin.

-I'll distribute xp after each encounter is officially over. Gaining a level will happen at midnight of that day rather than instantly.

-There's no need to keep track of ammunition used. We'll just assume it's infinite and/or always recoverable.

-Fatigue from sleeping in armor won't apply.

-Starvation and thirst rules apply. I'm going to be a bit annoying here and eliminate Ring of Sustenance as an option.

-Weather effects will apply, and I'll be sure to mention when they do.

-Knowledge checks don't need to be made on separate skills, but they will need to be made by individual characters. Simply state in game that you think about whatever you're encountering, and I'll tell you which check to make if it's in your trained list. Otherwise, I'll tell you that you have no idea.

If you want something else considered, just ask.
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• Do you want initiative rolled individually or for the group? I have no preference either way. If it's rolled as a group, I'll use the highest init modifier for rolls.
          I'm not here anymore.

Comment

• (because we never answered this question) I say group initiative.
            Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

• Yeah, fine with me.
              --------------------------------------------------------

Nakonec pravda vitezi (In the end the truth wins)

Nobility Among Us and Beyond the Mist are now on sale worldwide, as is my first poetry collection, Selected Verse - Faith and Family and my second, Selected Verse - Heroes and Wonders

Explore the Cinematic Superverse

A Hope That Burns

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X