Announcement

Collapse

Sorority Guidelines

Here is the Hen House. We gather and talk about men, shoes, clothing, and if those wings are all they are cracked up to be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm I drink whatever I feel like in summer. The english drink hot tea in summer to make them sweat so they feel cooler apparently. I love a peppermint with about a quarter of a teaspoon of honey after dinner :) some of the fruit teas would be great cold in summer. I am not sure what you have over there though. We have a shop called T2 which has a huge range of teas

Comment

My roommate and I had a whole 4 foot shelf full of tea and coffee. My favorites: matcha green tea, English breakfast tea, and rooibos tea. For late nights: chamomile and white tea

It's good in the winter when you have no central heating. Also good for keeping yourself from eating everything in sight. I like to have it for studying as well. Something about a mug in one hand makes me feel able to think.
      sigpic

Comment

Lipton with saccharine.

Only I can't make it like Momma did...
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I gave up sweet tea a long time ago, now I can't stand the stuff. But I love tea otherwise. My favorite is Twinings Irish Breakfast tea, hot or iced although I usually use Luzianne family sized teabags for iced tea in the summer. It's cheaper when you make it by the gallon. And I just fill up the pitcher and plop in the teabags and stick it in the fridge. I don't like Earl Grey at all, and if forced, I'll drink Lady Grey but other than that, I really haven't met a tea I didn't like. Lapsong Souchong takes some getting used to, a friend of mine said it was like drinking a dead bonfire. I also try to keep some lemonade on hand for Arnold Palmers. 1/2 tea and 1/2 lemonade or what ever ratio you like.
          Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read. -- Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by moreta View Post
            I gave up sweet tea a long time ago, now I can't stand the stuff. But I love tea otherwise. My favorite is Twinings Irish Breakfast tea, hot or iced although I usually use Luzianne family sized teabags for iced tea in the summer. It's cheaper when you make it by the gallon. And I just fill up the pitcher and plop in the teabags and stick it in the fridge. I don't like Earl Grey at all, and if forced, I'll drink Lady Grey but other than that, I really haven't met a tea I didn't like. Lapsong Souchong takes some getting used to, a friend of mine said it was like drinking a dead bonfire. I also try to keep some lemonade on hand for Arnold Palmers. 1/2 tea and 1/2 lemonade or what ever ratio you like.
            Twinnings is the brand Irish tea I drink, when I remember to drink breakfast tea over coffee. My favorite kind of Arnold Palmer is made with peach tea. Yum.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
            "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
            Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

I drink a ton of tea, especially loose leaf. I think I have 13 different ones. If it's a naturally sweet tea, I just add milk. If it's bitter like Assam (Irish Breakfast) or other oolongs then I add a little raw sugar and milk. The problem is, I now have a hard time with bagged tea. It just doesn't taste right.
              I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Glad to see this thread revived! I absolutely must have my cup of coffee in the morning, but after that, I do enjoy tea. We have one of those wood display boxes with tea bag compartments. That way, when we offer tea to guests, we don't have to overwhelm them with 20 boxes yanked out of the cupboard. It also makes them ooh and aah!

I like spice teas, and I like to try new flavors. If you have a Teavana in your local mall, those guys make tea out of the strangest things! My husband liked the strong black tea he got at his favorite Mediterranian restaurant, so he asked about it. It's called Alakozay (probably spelling that wrong), and I think it's grown in Dubai or something. He now orders it online so we can enjoy it at home. It's served with only a fresh mint leaf in the bottom of the glass.

We have friends from China who always bring us tea when they visit...what a treat!
                sigpic
                "...so encourage each other and build one another up." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

Comment

"Teavana"?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

It's a store that sells tea and things related to tea. The wall behind the registers is full of cubbies with big tins. You can ask the employees to bring down any tin for a sniff before buying. They sell a nice rock sugar made entirely of beet juice. It's overpriced and indulgent and just a lovely experience to spend time there.
                    sigpic

Comment

Starbucks actually bought out teavana and sells teavana brand teas in store. Used to be tazo, which is what my BN still uses.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                      "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                      Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by JardinPrayer View Post
                        It's a store that sells tea and things related to tea. The wall behind the registers is full of cubbies with big tins. You can ask the employees to bring down any tin for a sniff before buying. They sell a nice rock sugar made entirely of beet juice. It's overpriced and indulgent and just a lovely experience to spend time there.
                        Wait, what? Rock candy is just crystallized sugar. Any sugar syrup solution will do - add string and about a week. Beet juice might flavor it but only the sugar syrup will make it - so I presume this is from sugar beets at least.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

From what I'm reading, this is German Rock Sugar, made from Germanic beets (obviously sugar beets), and contains no cane sugar. Interestingly, some tout it as a wonderful sugar alternative for diabetics, but both the carb and caloric counts are higher than table sugar.

I like it for tea because it doesn't over-sweeten and it doesn't alter the flavor of the tea.
                          sigpic

Comment

Cool.

Personally, I just like rock candy!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

The best way to make tea is sweetened and iced using Luzianne bags. However, I like to flavor tea and I love loose leafs. Teavana is too overpriced and posh though their Jasmine Dragon Green is nothing but heavenly especially mixed or infused with peach. I have a cold brew infuser (steep in the sun with a lid for several hours, do without and you'll be cleaning bugs) I use organic rock sugar cane only. And with other brews I use honey or stevia. My preference varies. Syrupy sweet tea, while a southern staple, just tastes too candy/pancakey like, and unsweet is too bitter. I use 2/3 a cup per quart. Drink up!!!!
                              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

20150811_110654a.jpg

I just set up my tea/coffee corner at my place. It's fun to have it all right there near my dining room table for morning coffee and afternoon tea. When I have guests over, it's easy to serve, because the mugs and tea are right there. What I have in stock right now: McDonald's breakfast coffee, loose leaf black tea, matcha, lemon ginger tea, and pu'er tea.
                                sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X