Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Mrs CP's Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    And here she married a Cow Poke.

Yeah, can ya BELIEVE IT?!?!?!

(though I never raised dairy cows)
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Yeah, can ya BELIEVE IT?!?!?!

(though I never raised dairy cows)
      Yeah, ranch, not dairy.

I was born allergic to milk and never developed a taste for it (except once in Kentucky - something about it coming out of bags made it taste good to me ). I do eat a lot of cheese but honestly don't know about its calcium content.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Glad to hear things are going so well, CP.
        "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

OK, so, yesterday we had a couple more followup doctor visits.

The visits went fine, but one doc was a little concerned about bone loss in her left hip - a side effect of one of the hormone blockers she's taking, as her cancer was "hormone fed". (I don't know nearly as much about this as those of her cohorts who have also been battling this cancer)

All in all, GOOD NEWS, with that one little concern, which can supposedly be offset with more calcium and vitamin D.

THEN, when we got home, there was a letter in the mailbox from MD Anderson (wish we would have had it PRIOR to her visits yesterday) which contained an official notification that the particular breast implant that was used in reconstructive surgery was found to be suspected, itself, of being a cancer causing agent "in a small number of cases".

Mrs CP dismissed it as "a cover-your-butt notice", but I can tell it's of concern to her.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

We have an appointment in a couple weeks for her next checkup --- so far, all systems go!

Comment

So, yet another visit to MD Anderson this morning.

(Anybody miss me? Tweb was much quieter?)

She had an appointment at 10:30AM and one at 1:30PM, and I wasn't allowed in the hospital due to COVID.
              So, our plan was for me to drop her off, then go look for a BBQ NG Grill, and come back after lunch to pick her up.

Our drive in is usually 1 1/2 to 2 hours to downtown Houston (or the Med Center), so we left at 8 AM. Took us ONE HOUR with very little traffic.

So, dropped her off at 9:15-ish, thinking she'd check in and maybe somebody had canceled and she'd get her first appointment early.
              I went on my Gas Grill Safari.
              Within 30 minutes, she texted me she was done with her first appointment, and her 1:30PM Doc called her and said "come right up" (same building, different floor).

Within another 10 minutes, she texted me and said she was in the exam room, and, long story short, was ALL DONE by 11:00AM with ALL her stuff!!!

I cut my Safari short, picked her up, and we went to Pappasito's for some really good Mexican food.

Social distancing at the restaurant - it's usually wall-to-wall PACKED and very noisy, with your chair pretty much bumping the chair of the person behind you at their own table.

This is the LUNCH RUSH!!!!

2020-07-07 12.16.06.jpg

Oh, the report --- she's good for another 6 months or 10,000 miles. It WOULD be 1 year, but she has some bone density issues from the meds.
              Last edited by Cow Poke; 07-07-2020, 04:49 PM.

Comment

Some restaurants are using mannequins to enforce social distancing.

(Maybe if they also placed laptop computers in front of them, nobody would notice they're not real.)

960x0.jpg

Anyway, keeping you both in prayer.
                When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Faber View Post
                  Some restaurants are using mannequins to enforce social distancing.

(Maybe if they also placed laptop computers in front of them, nobody would notice they're not real.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46383[/ATTACH]

Anyway, keeping you both in prayer.
                  That's funny, because we have a local restaurant that has, for YEARS, had a couple of lifelike figures - an old man and woman - sitting at the table near the door.
                  Originally, they were "playing cards", then about 5 years ago, they were 'given' laptop computers to 'work on'.

Comment

Just put cups of Starbucks coffee in front of them and they will look more convincing.
                    When I Survey....

Comment