Announcement

Collapse

Sorority Guidelines

Here is the Hen House. We gather and talk about men, shoes, clothing, and if those wings are all they are cracked up to be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

should women change their names?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• should women change their names?

Should women change their names when they marry? Same, hyphenated, separated as a two word last name or a middle name? What think you?
    I am become death...

Edited by a Moderator

Moderated By: lilpixieofterror

Naughty... Naughty...

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 04-28-2015, 05:14 PM.
    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

BOY in the Sorority! !!
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

on the topic, I think it should be discussed between the couple before they get married. I personally changed mine both times as I wanted to be known as my husbands wife. It can get very confusing when the women has a different last name and then if you have kids do you then give them the fathers last name or yours or both? plus if the kids have the fathers last name when you get calls or have to go in it gets very confusing for staff and the kids

Comment

*resurrects old thread*

I did a post on this:

http://www.weighted-glory.com/2016/0...ast-name-then/

Men telling me that they want me to change my name "because it's important for the family to be under one name, for unity" bugs the crap out of me. Did they miss the part where I have kids? What name do they think my kids have??

And the reason my kids have the last name of the father who abandoned them rather than the mother who is raising them is because I changed my last name after getting married and surrendered to our idiotic patriarchal/patrilineal naming system.

I couldn't wait to change it back to my maiden name when I got divorced, and I'm not changing it again.
          "It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

Weighted Glory | Christians for Biblical Equality | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable

Comment

Edited by a Moderator
            Last edited by rogue06; 07-16-2016, 11:05 AM.
            When I Survey....

Comment

Y chromosome alert!
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X