Announcement

Collapse

Home Economics 101

Welcome to the Home Ec Section. Matters of the family sometimes bring joy and other times bring grief. But it is never trivial: Family matters! Feel free to discuss topics such as the sanctity of marriage; the awesome responsibility of raising children; the struggles of communication problems; the grief of losing a loved one; or anything else that relates to the home and family. However, due to the more personal nature of this section, I ask that you would be especially thoughtful of the readers' feelings. My earnest hope and prayer is that the discussions in this section will help families grow in the love of Christ.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

China patterns-not dishwasher safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China patterns-not dishwasher safe?

I heard that china sets/plates with colored patterns might not be dishwasher safe. Anyone know the scoop on this?
    I am become death...

I don't know about modern china. I have my mother's china, which is 75 years old. I would never risk putting it in a dishwasher, as the edges are gold and there is gold trim in the pattern on each piece. This china has always been washed by hand, lovingly and taking great care.

The best thing to do is to contact the manufacturer and ask whether or not the specific pattern would be dishwasher safe.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The abrasives in the soap could cause scratches or wear over time. Like Mossy said, if it is something antique, you might want to avoid the dishwasher. But if you are just talking generic plates with patterns, I would not worry.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        I don't know about modern china. I have my mother's china, which is 75 years old. I would never risk putting it in a dishwasher, as the edges are gold and there is gold trim in the pattern on each piece. This china has always been washed by hand, lovingly and taking great care.
        Sounds like a lot of trouble, just file off the gold, chuck the rest and use paper plates.
        "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
            Sounds like a lot of trouble, just file off the gold, chuck the rest and use paper plates.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment