Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Tea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    I like my tea like I like my coffee, NOT AT ALL!
    Same here. Hot chocolate is good, though.
    Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

I wonder whether this is any good...

~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse View Post
        I am doing this for two reasons.

1. The ladies have one up and I don't want to be left out.

2. I love tea.

My favorite so far is the Raspberry Zinger from Celestial Seasonings. Anyone else?
        I like my tea strong, along with a mug of coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by stfoskey15 View Post

Same here. Hot chocolate is good, though.
          I've started drinking tea semi-regularly in the five years since I made this post.
          Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Sissies and Brits drink tea.
            You try to chug a Dr. Pepper and you have issues with gas from the carbonation. I can slip into the break room, grab one of my bottles of Gold Peak, empty the bottle as easily as chugging a glass of water, and be back to work in three seconds. That's very important because the water at my store is unfit to drink, we can't use the drinking fountains like I could when we started, so that quick run to the break room has had to replace my quick stop at the fountain. Plus the caffeine keeps me going. During the average work day I have so much caffeine in my system that a mosquito will bite me, break the sound barrier when it takes off, and die of a heart attack before it gets more than three feet from me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatty Arbuckle View Post

You try to chug a Dr. Pepper and you have issues with gas from the carbonation. I can slip into the break room, grab one of my bottles of Gold Peak, empty the bottle as easily as chugging a glass of water, and be back to work in three seconds. That's very important because the water at my store is unfit to drink, we can't use the drinking fountains like I could when we started, so that quick run to the break room has had to replace my quick stop at the fountain. Plus the caffeine keeps me going. During the average work day I have so much caffeine in my system that a mosquito will bite me, break the sound barrier when it takes off, and die of a heart attack before it gets more than three feet from me.
              Yeah, I've really cut out carbonated drinks.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yeah, I've really cut out carbonated drinks.
                If I admitted the amount of Mountain Dew I drank in college years on here, nobody would ever take me seriously again.

Once you stop drinking it, you find you don't miss it.

I'm at the point where I'll drink a couple Pepsis a week or so, and at that level, I don't crave more.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

If I admitted the amount of Mountain Dew I drank in college years on here, nobody would ever take me seriously again.

I'm at the point where I'll drink a couple Pepsis a week or so, and at that level, I don't crave more.
                  Yeah, I used to be a pepsiholic - which actually served me quite well on a ski trip in Colorado years ago when the local water reservoir was contaminated with giardia, and all the water drinkers got sick, but not me!

I actually stopped drinking sodas when a financial freedom seminar pointed out that soft drinks could easily be 20-25% of the cost of your meal at a restaurant, and I decided to drink water with lemon to save that money. I almost ALWAYS have water (with lemon, if available) when we eat out.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post

The only time I have any carbonated drinks at home is when I'm expecting guests. In Atlanta the standard go to is going to be Coke. I'll get that and Diet Coke for the wimmenfolk.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      The only time I have any carbonated drinks at home is when I'm expecting guests. In Atlanta the standard go to is going to be Coke. I'll get that and Diet Coke for the wimmenfolk.
                      I stopped drinking Coke after I found out about the "be less white" training they were pushing on their workers. Food Lion brand cola is just as cost effective and tastes essentially the same.
                      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

yorkshire gold.jpg
                        My Amazon Author page: https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B0719RS8BK

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          I have become totally addicted to flavored-but-unsweetened seltzer water. SO refreshing!
                          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Don't listen to Cow Poke, Texans drink a LOT of tea...but most iced sweet tea.
                            "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I like my tea sweetened with a spoonful of honey.

And this is one of my favorites to drink.
                              ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                                Don't listen to Cow Poke, Texans drink a LOT of tea...but most iced sweet tea.
                                Yeah, I loves me some fresh BREWED sweet tea, but I've had to cut out the sugar.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X