Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Artificial Sweetners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
    The genetic predisposition I'm referring to is about the sweetners, not the diabetes although it is a concern.
    It's one reason I'm losing weight. As to the aftertaste, I think there is one with sucralose, but it's not as yucky as the others tend to be.
    When you said you had diabetes in the family, that's why I was thinking that you might have a genetic predisposition for it. It's great that you're losing weight! I've lost a lot lately myself and I feel so much better.
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
      When you said you had diabetes in the family, that's why I was thinking that you might have a genetic predisposition for it. It's great that you're losing weight! I've lost a lot lately myself and I feel so much better.
      I've noticed my back doesn't hurt much anymore.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Yeah, there's a bit of an aftertaste with Sucralose, but like you said, it's not as bad as some of the others. I found a box of stevia packets in the back of the pantry the other day. I'm going to have to make some tea with it and see how it compares...
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I am sure table sugar has a "taste" as well, but we are used to that one.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
            I am sure table sugar has a "taste" as well, but we are used to that one.
            I will just stick with intravenous pure glucose in a bag.

Comment

Well, just had my tea with sucralose. There is that aftertaste but again not totally yucky. I also had some of that sparkling water that has sucralose. I've not noticed any other side effects yet.

For the most part I'll stick with sugar, but it would be nice to try stuff that has other sweetners in them.

Comment

Hm...I've experienced headaches a couple of times around times I tried sucralose. Hmmmmm....

Comment

Has your caffeine intake changed?
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Not much...I drink tea and Coke, not coffee.

Comment

Did you shift to caffeine free when you went to diet drinks? Or drink more root beer/Seven Up?
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I'm not switching to caffeine-free in anything. I've not stopped using sugar...just want to see if I can have non-sugar additives as well.

Comment

Okay, just checking. Headaches are the norm with caffeine withdrawal and some of the best sucralose soft drinks are normally caffeine free (Seven Up and rood beer both).

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            Okay, just checking. Headaches are the norm with caffeine withdrawal and some of the best sucralose soft drinks are normally caffeine free (Seven Up and rood beer both).
                            Good point. That's one of the reasons I prefer colas...they do help with my sinus headaches. I think the carbonation and caffeine together does the trick.

The headaches may be because of the constant march of weather fronts through here. Wait and see.

Comment

I drink Diet Coke made with Splenda...also Diet RC. Diet Rite uses Splenda but it's caffeine free.
                              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I drink coffee for caffeine, sometimes dark chocolate, almost never drink Coke, and absolutely never Pepsi, never diet anything. Yuk!
                                βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                                ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X