• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6196[/ATTACH]
    Since we're making fun of the French flag, here is another one:

french_flag.jpg
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
      Why drink out of a glass when you can drink out of a bottle?
      Because only uncultured swine (AKA men) drink out of a bottle that is 2 liters or larger.
      Last edited by lilpixieofterror; 05-05-2015, 09:21 PM.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
        Why drink out of a glass when you can drink out of a bottle?
        Doubt that would improve anything...
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          Because only uncultured swine (AKA men) drink out of a bottle that is 2 liters or larger.
          And then there are those who drink it straight from a box...
          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
            And then there are those who drink it straight from a box...
            box of wine.jpg

That one is FIVE liters!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
              It's possible I do not understand what you have in mind. Perhaps you should in your response to this post give a definition of "State" before you give any example of those substitutions.
              No thank you, I have had enough of forums for now. I am going to limit myself to my discussion with the Jerk. And I am sure you are well aware of Robert Nozick's "Anarchy, State, and Utopia" and the defense of monarchism. Me repeating it isn't going to change the arguments.

Totally? There would still be many libertarians, and most people would still desire some liberty.
              Many? There isn't many now. I don't really want to melt down Colorado for the company of the 50 Libertarians that were at our State Convention.

Now, it's better to argue and try to win converts. As you can see, progress will be long drawn out; i.e., gradual.
              It will. Which is why I wouldn't push that magic button. People have to want liberty. Unfortunately I think things have to meltdown on their own first. I hope not, but I am not terribly optimistic lately. We seem to love our slavery. Perhaps though there just needs to be a taste of freedom. Moving to Colorado and seeing that the world didn't end when (gasp) people were allowed to smoke pot was a tinder point for me.
              The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

Hey now. I got so much culture I can't carry it all at once!
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  Hey now. I got so much culture I can't carry it all at once!
                  You know what the difference is between Wichita, KS and a month old carton of yogurt? The yogurt has an active culture...
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Xena View Post
                    No thank you, I have had enough of forums for now. I am going to limit myself to my discussion with the Jerk. And I am sure you are well aware of Robert Nozick's "Anarchy, State, and Utopia" and the defense of monarchism. Me repeating it isn't going to change the arguments.
                    1) Well, one thing I was going to argue is that nobody knows what the State should do to make the world better. 2)I have read about that Nozick book, but never read it. So it advocated monarchy? Hmmm, no, I guess that is another topic. Interesting, Hans-Hermann Hoppe argued that monarchy should be usually better than democracy in Democracy: The God that Failed. I told Lil Pixie that, but apparently she thought I was being loony. Hoppe = loony, also. Maybe she'll never get around to read Hoppe. Oh, well, hoppe for the best.

Many? There isn't many now. I don't really want to melt down Colorado for the company of the 50 Libertarians that were at our State Convention.
                    OK, few. Otherwise that's loony.
                    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

1) Well, one thing I was going to argue is that nobody knows what the State should do to make the world better. 2)I have read about that Nozick book, but never read it. So it advocated monarchy? Hmmm, no, I guess that is another topic. Interesting, Hans-Hermann Hoppe argued that monarchy should be usually better than democracy in Democracy: The God that Failed. I told Lil Pixie that, but apparently she thought I was being loony. Hoppe = loony, also. Maybe she'll never get around to read Hoppe. Oh, well, hoppe for the best.
                      Umm it was spellcheck error, I meant minarchy not monarchy. I would have thought that would have been obvious if you were reading the discussion between me and the Jerk. This is the commentary thread for that discussion, not the promote your own pet agenda thread. FYI.

OK, few. Otherwise that's loony.
                      Ummm what? Do you really think the Libertarian Party is a bunch of monarchists? I don't get your statement.

sigpic

Comment

Umm it was spellcheck error, I meant minarchy not monarchy. I would have thought that would have been obvious if you were reading the discussion between me and the Jerk. This is the commentary thread for that discussion, not the promote your own pet agenda thread. FYI.

Ummm what? Do you really think the Libertarian Party is a bunch of monarchists? I don't get your statement.
                        To be fair, I didn't catch it either.
                        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

< me

How did you get that idea? But let's dump that subthread anyway.
                          The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                            To be fair, I didn't catch it either.
                            Thank you.

Comment

Thank you.
                              She's not a libertarian. You are. I would hope you would find it odd that some professed libertarian, who was just talking about self-ownership rights in the actual thread this is about, would praise monarchism.

sigpic

Comment

< me
                                Very bad. No LibPar for you.

How did you get that idea? But let's dump that subthread anyway.
                                Only way to make sense of your loony comment, but it was admittedly a wild guess to try make sense.

sigpic

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X