Announcement

Collapse

Psychology 101 Guidelines

Welcome to Tweb's couch. Please join us in discussing the joys of the human psyche. Watch in wonderment as the Tweb crowd has violent mood swings. help us understand what makes us tick.

Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.
See more
See less

I am sorry

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DLAbaoaqu View Post
    Better, calmer.

I don't feel angry now.
    You know we love you, right?

Comment

Better, calmer.

I don't feel angry now.
      That is good to hear. Still going to , and I still suggest having someone you can talk to about all this. If you need to, then take a break, and go do something to take your mind off all this. It just isn't worth all the stress and anger it causes.

Comment

Better, calmer.

I don't feel angry now.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Yet, still, I wish there was something we can do apart from prayer.

Comment

There is something else we can do. We can shine light onto the darkness that exists. Those that hate the light will flee like cockroaches, because they love their evil deeds and lifestyle too much. Those that don't will come to see, and be able to spread light themselves.

Now, with the way things have been recently, I suggest that if you want to do that you do so in a less confrontational way. Perhaps by assisting those who are "on the front lines" with anything they might need. Even something as simple as encouraging them can be a great help, and a great relief.

Comment

You can treat them like people who need a Savior. Just like I was, and probably most of us (unless you were raised as a Christian all your life)

Just love them. That is what Jesus did. It is hard to do. But that is what we have the Holy Spirit for.

For those that are completely hostile to religion and Christianity, you use apologetics to defend the faith.

Or you can ignore them.

Comment

One option is to learn how to be intellectually incisive so that you fight in the war that needs to be fought.

For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, being ready to punish every disobedience, when your obedience is complete.

Comment

Prayer is not what we do when there is no other action to take. Prayer is the first and most valuable action we can take against the enemy.

"2 Chronicles 20:12 O our God, will you not execute judgment on them? For we are powerless against this great horde that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.”
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                    Prayer is not what we do when there is no other action to take. Prayer is the first and most valuable action we can take against the enemy.

"2 Chronicles 20:12 O our God, will you not execute judgment on them? For we are powerless against this great horde that is coming against us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you.”
                    Precisely. One helpful course of action when anger overcomes you is to pray for God to smite and judge the wicked.

Comment

Moderated By: Bill the Cat

OK, this thread has gone on long enough. It is being closed per moderator discretion.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                      Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X