Announcement

Collapse

Anthropology 201 Guidelines

Anthropology is the study of groups of people, their beliefs, practices, values, ideas, technologies, languages, economies and more.

All are welcome to post in this section, even Geico Cavemen.

A couple of caveats-- (1) racism has no place in this forum, and (2) please show a little discretion. In other words, if an attachment violates policy on the rest of TWEB, it violates policy in this forum as well, even if it depicts a highly interesting and unique aspect of some obscure culture. Keep it reasonably clean, folks.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Human Beings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Human Beings

Human beings. Discuss.

They have two legs. Usually. They can be odd sometimes. Even speak and listen to themselves when no one else is around.

Comment

I is one.
      Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Smart enough to get in a lot of trouble. Not always able to get out of it.
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

And we like to play! But we don't make good pets, do we?

Comment

Gradually human over time, and still becoming human.
            Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
            Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
            But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

I have been fully human since before I was born. I have grown physically, mentally and spiritually, but I have always been fully a human being.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Human being - a simian primate (hominin) taxonomically grouped with monkeys and apes.
                “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
                “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
                “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Mammal!

Comment

Featherless bipeds.

Comment

We- I mean the adolescent versions yolo.
                      "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                      "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                      Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

They like bacon to the detriment of their health. Especially the moist, semi-crunchy kind cooked with a drizzle of maple syrup.

Comment

Most dangerous animal on Earth, or so I've heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                            Most dangerous animal on Earth, or so I've heard.
                            Sounds formidable...

Comment

Why are humans considered to be the most dangerous animal? Our brains? We can defeat anything with prep time(batman joke)?

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X