Announcement

Collapse

Anthropology 201 Guidelines

Anthropology is the study of groups of people, their beliefs, practices, values, ideas, technologies, languages, economies and more.

All are welcome to post in this section, even Geico Cavemen.

A couple of caveats-- (1) racism has no place in this forum, and (2) please show a little discretion. In other words, if an attachment violates policy on the rest of TWEB, it violates policy in this forum as well, even if it depicts a highly interesting and unique aspect of some obscure culture. Keep it reasonably clean, folks.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Human Beings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nico View Post
    It's a quasi-parody thread. I thought it was kind of obvious. It was never meant to make convincing arguments. You know...partially uniformed tidbits about life mixed in with exaggerated conclusions. I wasn't actually saying that families kill from within, grammar ambiguities I guess, but families kill other families, etc, etc, as opposed to, say, bringing them a leg, or a liver, to welcome them into the neighborhood instead. But, if you insist, feel free to argue the superior merits of virtue in the animal kingdom. Could be interesting?

quasi-parody? If so send it to the poop deck. If not, the thread question is a valid question. What does it mean to be human?
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

To be made in God's image of being a creative creature.
      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Well, they don't sound very kosher do they? How about this though, every other species on the plant has zero diplomatic relations. Families/clans attack one another on sight for no apparent reason. They could all just work together but instead they kill without prejudice. At least humans try, right? Or if they kill it's often driven by hate rather than directive. I couldn't imagine a much better scenario if lions were to suddenly acquire a human intellect. Goodness, they'd round up all living and eat them 53 days flat. End of story.
        Note highlighted above: The reality of genetic studies of the diverse variety of human variations is that different human tribes and clans made more love with each other than war. We are a product of hybridization of many varieties including Neanderthal.
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
          Why are humans considered to be the most dangerous animal? Our brains? We can defeat anything with prep time(batman joke)?
          Human beings in prime shape are pretty dangerous physically. They can outrun a horse over the long run, even though a horse will leave them behind in the short run. A friend of mine killed a Kodiak Brown Bear with a knife and walked away, he still survives. Men have been attacked by big cats and killed them.
          Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

It's a quasi-parody thread. I thought it was kind of obvious. It was never meant to make convincing arguments. You know...partially uniformed tidbits about life mixed in with exaggerated conclusions. I wasn't actually saying that families kill from within, grammar ambiguities I guess, but families kill other families, etc, etc, as opposed to, say, bringing them a leg, or a liver, to welcome them into the neighborhood instead. But, if you insist, feel free to argue the superior merits of virtue in the animal kingdom. Could be interesting?
            Not obvious at all.
            Then why put this thread here where it would belong in the "Padded Room"

Anthropology 201 is not the place for a parody thread
            Last edited by shunyadragon; 12-06-2018, 06:48 AM.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Paprika View Post
              Featherless bipeds.
              Featherless [hairy] bipeds.

Frank

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X