Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Jokes

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speak for yourselves - I'm not giving up sleep forever!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I want a job cleaning mirrors. It's something I could really see myself doing.
      "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

An Israeli with a good sense of humor at United Nations set the record straight.

An ingenious example of speech and politics occurred recently in the United Nations Assembly and made the world community smile.

A representative from Israel began:

'Before beginning my talk I want to tell you something about Moses: When he struck the rock and it brought forth water, he thought, "What a good opportunity to have a bath!"

Moses removed his clothes, put them aside on the rock and entered the water. When he got out and wanted to dress, his clothes had vanished. A Palestinian had stolen them!

The Palestinian representative at the UN jumped up and

shouted furiously, "What are you talking about? The Palestinians weren't there then."

The Israeli representative smiled and said, "And now that we have made that clear, I will begin my speech."
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Q: What did Sparko say on his 80th birthday?
          A: "Aye matey."
          Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

Comment

And one of my personal favorites:

Parallel lines have so much in common. Unfortunately, they'll never meet.

Comment

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Q: How do you know you have good barbecue?

A: It isn't from Wendy's.

Comment

Saruman.jpg
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Q: How did the Roman Empire become divided in two?

A: With Caesars.

Comment

You likely know what a pallet is. If not, take a gander at the images in this webpage: http://www.bing.com/search?q=pallet&...10TR&pc=MALNJS

Now for the joke (unintentional, to be sure--details of origin withheld to protect the innocent):
                        Although many of my colleagues are connoisseurs of disaster -- have a scent for it like some have a pallet for fine wine (a tolerable thing because their predictions are usually correct) --

"Palate" is the correct spelling. Oh, what a palatial error!
                        The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

The Kansas City Royals walk into the World Series

Hey, wait...

Comment

Scientists announced that a man had chilled himself to absolute zero in an industrial accident.

But he's 0K right now.

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
                              Scientists announced that a man had chilled himself to absolute zero in an industrial accident.

But he's 0K right now.
                              i see what you did there.jpg

That was pretty funny.

Comment

This is my favorite Bible joke:

peter denies jesus.jpg

Comment