Announcement

Collapse

Rec Room Guidelines

In the Rec Room we share jokes, interesting stories, and speculate about trout's manties. Serve up some Spam in many different flavors and sizes, and just take some time off from study and have fun.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorm, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Jokes

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

movie theater robbed.jpg
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkin Energy Newsletter
      Joke of the Month
      A man in the early years of his marriage was convinced he and his family needed a four-wheel-drive pickup truck. His wife was sure that he did not need but merely wanted the new vehicle. A playful conversation between this husband and wife initiated their consideration of the advantages and disadvantages of such a purchase.
      "She asked, "Why do you think we need a truck?"
      He answered her question with what he believed was the perfect response: "What if we needed milk for our children in a terrible storm, and the only way I could get tot he grocery store was in a pickup?"

His wife replied, "If we buy a new truck, we won't have money for milk."
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]1239[/ATTACH]

Comment

A woman comes in to a bar, and says "Give me a double entendre".

So the barman gives it to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkin Energy Newsletter
            Joke of the Month

A couple in their nineties are both having problems remembering things. During a checkup, the doctor tells them that they're physically okay, but they might want to start writing things down to help them remember.
            Later that night, while watching TV, the old man gets up from his chair. "Want anything while I'm in the kitchen?" he asks.
            "Will you get me a bowl of ice cream?"
            "Sure.."
            "Don't you think you should write it down so you can remember it?" she asks.
            "No, I can remember it."
            "Well, I'd like some strawberries on top, too. Maybe you should write it down, so as not to forget it?"
            He says, "I can remember that. You want a bowl of ice cream with strawberries."
            "I'd also like whipped cream. I'm certain you'll forget that, write it down?" she asks.
            Irritated, he says, "I don't need to write it down, I can remember it! Ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream - I got it, for goodness sake!"
            Then he toddles into the kitchen. After about 20 minutes, The old man returns from the kitchen and hands his wife a plate of bacon and eggs...
            She stares at the plate for a moment.
            "Where's my toast?"

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

So did he go back and get her toast?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

No, they both forgot.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Forgot what?

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

it's just water.jpg
                    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

So, a baby seal walks into a club......

Once again, I'm sorry.
                      Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

-Thomas Aquinas

I love to travel, But hate to arrive.

-Hernando Cortez

What is the good of experience if you do not reflect?

-Frederick 2, Holy Roman Emperor

Comment

I got rid of my vacuum cleaner.

I realised it was just gathering dust.

Comment

Originally posted by David Hayward View Post
                          I got rid of my vacuum cleaner.

I realised it was just gathering dust.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Wife to man who is poking at his computer: Time for bed, honey.
                            Man: Not now, this is important.
                            Wife: What?
                            Man: Someone is wrong on TWeb.

(That is based on a cartoon by someone who is not identified by Casey Research [2014 8/29]. The difference is "Internet" instead of "TWeb")
                            The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                              Wife to man who is poking at his computer: Time for bed, honey.
                              Man: Not now, this is important.
                              Wife: What?
                              Man: Someone is wrong on TWeb.

(That is based on a cartoon by someone who is not identified by Casey Research [2014 8/29]. The difference is "Internet" instead of "TWeb")

From xkcd and called "Duty Calls"

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

From xkcd and called "Duty Calls"

Comment