Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Anti-Vax Wisdom: Aspirin Cures Polio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]6675[/ATTACH]

I think you should get the symptoms which I had. High fever, stuffed nose, and lungs, and major arthritic-like for 5 days. Perhaps, you should use a live polio vaccine to get it. You'd probably cop-out and take aspirin the first day.

Comment

Originally posted by Omniskeptical View Post
      I think you should get the symptoms which I had. High fever, stuffed nose, and lungs, and major arthritic-like for 5 days. Perhaps, you should use a live polio vaccine to get it. You'd probably cop-out and take aspirin the first day.
      I had that vaccine over 20 years ago. Try again Omni or is it just a coincidence that the drop in cases of Polio, in the US, just happens to line up perfectly with the introduction and wide spread use of the Polio vaccine? Besides, I think I'll trust an actual medical doctor, when I get sick, vs an internet quack.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Besides, I think I'll trust an actual medical doctor, when I get sick, vs an internet quack.
        Omniskeptical isn't smart enough to be a quack.

Roy
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Sounds just like flu. Stuffy nose and lungs are not symptoms of polio.
          • Fever
          • Sore throat
          • Headache
          • Vomiting
          • Fatigue
          • Back pain or stiffness
          • Neck pain or stiffness
          • Pain or stiffness in the arms or legs
          • Muscle weakness or tenderness
          • Meningitis
          Last edited by JonF; 05-23-2015, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JonF View Post
            Sounds just like flu. Stuffy nose and lungs are not symptoms of polio.
            • Fever
            • Sore throat
            • Headache
            • Vomiting
            • Fatigue
            • Back pain or stiffness
            • Neck pain or stiffness
            • Pain or stiffness in the arms or legs
            • Muscle weakness or tenderness
            • Meningitis
            It is quite likely Polio doesn't survive well in countries which have plenty of aspirin. Just saying... as there is no likely need for a vaccine which doesn't work.

Comment

I had that vaccine over 20 years ago. Try again Omni or is it just a coincidence that the drop in cases of Polio, in the US, just happens to line up perfectly with the introduction and wide spread use of the Polio vaccine? Besides, I think I'll trust an actual medical doctor, when I get sick, vs an internet quack.
              I didn't say it was from a vaccine, dumass. The drop in cases could easily be the recategorization of similar symptoms. And you aren't even smart enough to even be a quack.
              Last edited by Omniskeptical; 05-23-2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                Omniskeptical isn't smart enough to be a quack.

Roy
                Yeah, he does remind me of John Martin when it comes to believing in crazy theories. He might just be a good old fashion crank.
                "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It is quite likely Polio doesn't survive well in countries which have plenty of aspirin.
                  You mean like across the the entire west and even much of the rest of the world? You do know that Aspirin is a very old drug that was first marketed and sold back in 1899 (and we've been using related medicines, going back centuries before that), right? It has been a common staple of medicine for over a century now and was the common go to drug, for your basic aches, pains, and fevers for the first have of the 20th century. Interesting how a common drug, that has been on the market for 5 generations, has never been shown to be an anti virial medicine and at best, it can deal with some of the symptoms, but has never been shown to be any sort of cure for any kind of virial or bacterial disease.

Just saying... as there is no likely need for a vaccine which doesn't work.
                  And yet, despite the wide spread use of Aspirin throughout the 20th century, polio only became a rare disease due to the introduction of the vaccine. What do doctors know? They have only had generations of data on Aspirin and even used it on polio patients (which yes, it would have been a common drug used during the era that polio was around the US) and didn't seem to actually do anything to cure polio. Yep, your crazy nonsense just keeps showing itself full of more holes than a block of swiss cheese.
                  GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

I didn't say it was from a vaccine, dumass. The drop in cases could easily be the recategorization of similar symptoms. And you aren't even smart enough to even be a quack.
                    And this is coming from the same person that tries to claim that a well known and well studied drug, can cure Polio? Aspirin would have been used back on the Titanic and was a common drug that would have been found, in any drug store or doctors office, going back a century. Do you have any actual evidence for your claim or are we suppose to believe that you were cured, by a well known drug, that has never been shown to be an anti virial medicine, for the past century it has been in use? Sorry, but you have lost all right to call anybody a quack with such an insane and easily to demonstrate false claim. Aspirin was likely a drug that many people, who had polio, ended up taking (since it was a common drug of the era) and it is funny that no recorded cases of anybody having been 'cured' of Polio, due to taking Aspirin, has ever come up. Either you didn't have polio and are just spreading crazy nonsense or all of medical science is involved in a vast conspiracy that they have been able to cover up for the past century. Hummm... what theory seems more likely...
                    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

It is quite likely Polio doesn't survive well in countries which have plenty of aspirin. Just saying... as there is no likely need for a vaccine which doesn't work.
                      Yeah, whatever. Your symptoms were not consistent with polio. You didn't have polio.

Comment

I had appendicitis once. No, I didn't go to the hospital, I didn't have my appendix removed, and it eventually went away, but it was appendicitis, I tells ya! I don't care if doctors say you can't just get over appendicitis; my gut hurt like hell for hours in a way it never had before, so there!
                        Last edited by Duragizer; 05-23-2015, 06:30 PM.
                        "When the Western world accepted Christianity, Caesar conquered; and the received text of Western theology was edited by his lawyers…. The brief Galilean vision of humility flickered throughout the ages, uncertainly…. But the deeper idolatry, of the fashioning of God in the image of the Egyptian, Persian, and Roman imperial rulers, was retained. The Church gave unto God the attributes which belonged exclusively to Caesar."

— Alfred North Whitehead

Comment

Aspirin use in the U.S. was probably at its highest in the first half of the 20th century. So folks were taking a lot of aspirin when polio was still rampaging through the country. In fact there was a big surge in polio cases, a polio outbreak, in 1952 when you would be hard pressed to find a household without a bottle of aspirin in its medicine cabinet. Polio vaccinations started being given in massive amounts a couple years later and were temporarily suspended when complications arose in a few cases from vaccines produced by Cutter Laboratories in California. New vaccines were developed and started being introduced around 1960 -- just about the time aspirin usage (which had never once been shown to have any effect on polio) started to drop due to the introduction of acetaminophen in 1956 and even more so after the introduction of ibuprofen in 1969. As the use of aspirin steadily dropped so did cases of polio. By 1994 polio was effectively eliminated from the Americas.

So tell us again how aspirin use cures polio.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            Clearly aspirin cures polio by being in a nearby bottle that hasn't been recently opened. Omniskeptical's dose was cured by the aspirin in his bathroom cabinet, and would have been cured even faster if he had left the aspirin where it was.

Roy
                            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                            MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              Aspirin use in the U.S. was probably at its highest in the first half of the 20th century. So folks were taking a lot of aspirin when polio was still rampaging through the country. In fact there was a big surge in polio cases, a polio outbreak, in 1952 when you would be hard pressed to find a household without a bottle of aspirin in its medicine cabinet. Polio vaccinations started being given in massive amounts a couple years later and were temporarily suspended when complications arose in a few cases from vaccines produced by Cutter Laboratories in California. New vaccines were developed and started being introduced around 1960 -- just about the time aspirin usage (which had never once been shown to have any effect on polio) started to drop due to the introduction of acetaminophen in 1956 and even more so after the introduction of ibuprofen in 1969. As the use of aspirin steadily dropped so did cases of polio. By 1994 polio was effectively eliminated from the Americas.

Apparently, he couldn't be bothered to read the drug entries on the web. Aspirin was being used back when the Titanic was being forged and built in Jolly Ole England. It is funny after over a century, that nobody ever discovered the anti virial properties of aspirin, after over a century of use.
                              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by JonF View Post
                                Yeah, whatever. Your symptoms were not consistent with polio. You didn't have polio.
                                Then it was worse.

Comment