Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

GWB created ISIS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Paprika View Post
    It's been addressed many times:
    I know, but it's just refreshing and amusing to see a bunch of Bush apologist anonymous forum dupes countered by an actual inside intelligence dude

Comment

• Originally posted by seanD View Post
      According to former CIA Deputy Director Michael Morell, he denies Hussein had WMDs and claims they were wrong

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-...-wmd-evidence/
      Hindsight is 20/20, isn't it? I bet he believed otherwise before 2003. The fact remains that Hussein intended to continue his programs, as outlined in the report Paprika continues to pimp, and routinely refused to allow inspectors to do their jobs, and those facts alone are enough to justify taking him out. You DO realize that plotting to build WMDs is still against UN regulations, right?
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I know, but it's just refreshing and amusing to see a bunch of Bush apologist anonymous forum dupes countered by an actual inside intelligence dude
        It's funnier to see some schmuck from Singapore making an ass of himself on matters of document classification to someone who works directly in that field, and has for over 20 years.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          Hindsight is 20/20, isn't it? I bet he believed otherwise before 2003. The fact remains that Hussein intended to continue his programs, as outlined in the report Paprika continues to pimp, and routinely refused to allow inspectors to do their jobs, and those facts alone are enough to justify taking him out. You DO realize that plotting to build WMDs is still against UN regulations, right?
          I guess we need to invade half the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea of red View Post
            Well, if you're going to take out everyone with WMDs, that would include Israel.

Undeclared nuclear, chemical and biological WMDs. A good question would be to ask what doesn't it have?
            Last edited by Paprika; 05-20-2015, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• GWB nor Obama are responsible for ISIS. ISIS is a product of the history of the relationship between the West and the Middle East and Africa. It began with the colonial domination of these regions and continents by Western powers, mainly Great Britain and France. Boundaries were drawn dividing ethnic peoples religions for economic and political domination and manipulation. The different peoples of the region were not allowed to have their own political and economic identity. The divided and hostile religious divisions were lumped together to be forever in conflict each one wanted to dominate the other. After the colonial era ended, the world powers continued to manipulate these countries for economic. natural resources (oil), political reasons and religious agendas continued to manipulate these countries. For the entire 20th century the western powers suppressed moderate democratic movements and supported corrupt governments and dictatorships. The rise of extreme political/religious is the result of this history.

Comment

Half the world didn't sign a cease fire agreement that stipulated that they wouldn't even TRY to rebuild their program. Plotting to rebuild is no different than trying to rebuild when it comes to the terms of the cease fire.
                That's what
                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                  GWB nor Obama are responsible for ISIS. ISIS is a product of the history of the relationship between the West and the Middle East and Africa. It began with the colonial domination of these regions and continents by Western powers, mainly Great Britain and France. Boundaries were drawn dividing ethnic peoples religions for economic and political domination and manipulation. The different peoples of the region were not allowed to have their own political and economic identity. The divided and hostile religious divisions were lumped together to be forever in conflict each one wanted to dominate the other. After the colonial era ended, the world powers continued to manipulate these countries for economic. natural resources (oil), political reasons and religious agendas continued to manipulate these countries. For the entire 20th century the western powers suppressed moderate democratic movements and supported corrupt governments and dictatorships. The rise of extreme political/religious is the result of this history.
                  And the different warring factions of Muslims had nothing to do with it, right?
                  That's what
                  - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Half the world didn't sign a cease fire agreement that stipulated that they wouldn't even TRY to rebuild their program. Plotting to rebuild is no different than trying to rebuild when it comes to the terms of the cease fire.
                    Thus, we need to start a multi-trillion dollar blood bath of conflict? Please. I think even you know that the Bush administration was looking for ANY excuse to go to war with Iraq; you're simply trying to find even the poorest of rationalizations. The fact remains, we found nothing, there never was anything, and there was nothing in the works. THAT is absolutely embarrassing to this nation and warranted some kind of real investigation as to how this happened or why.

If Obama did something like this you'd be wanting him tared and feathered.

Comment

Thus, we need to start a multi-trillion dollar blood bath of conflict?
                      I thought we should have annihilated the Iraqi regime the FIRST time they took potshots at our plane. And war is hell. No one is denying that. But some threats need to be removed when they show themselves to be threats.

Please. I think even you know that the Bush administration was looking for ANY excuse to go to war with Iraq; you're simply trying to find even the poorest of rationalizations.
                      Bologna. The rationalization I offered is the BEST one. He was told to stop his pursuit of WMDs and to destroy his existing ones. Neither of which he fully complied with.

The fact remains, we found nothing,
                      family-feud-x2.jpg

there never was anything,
                      family-feud-x2.jpg family-feud-x2.jpg

and there was nothing in the works.
                      family-feud-x2.jpg family-feud-x2.jpg family-feud-x2.jpg

THAT is absolutely embarrassing to this nation and warranted some kind of real investigation as to how this happened or why.
                      Yet 12 years later, no formal charges have been brought.

If Obama did something like this you'd be wanting him tared and feathered.
                      No I really wouldn't. It would be nice to see him show some actual TF for a change instead of repeated lines in the sand that the enemies of the free world continue to chuckle at..
                      That's what
                      - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I thought we should have annihilated the Iraqi regime the FIRST time they took potshots at our plane.
                        Well, it doesn't take much for some on the right to feel the need for a blood-bath of a war.

And war is hell.
                        What? Why didn't you say so? Alright, I'll tell that to the millions of dead, I'm sure it will make their families feel so much better.

But some threats need to be removed when they show themselves to be threats
                        BFCnqmYCQAIZRyM.jpg

Bologna. The rationalization I offered is the BEST one.
                        Well, you proclaimed it so it must be true.

He was told to stop his pursuit of WMDs and to destroy his existing ones. Neither of which he fully complied with.
                        Yet, we haven't invaded any other dictatorship based on these same principles.

Yet 12 years later, no formal charges have been brought.

Man that's rich. Remember that when a Democrat walks, alright? Just tell yourself "no formal charges have been brought, so they're not guilty!" and everything well be fine.

The fact is, people in power/authority tend to be excused for their actions and held to a different standard. It happens with bankers, cops, judges and politicians all the time.
                        Last edited by Sea of red; 05-26-2015, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Well, it doesn't take much for some on the right to feel the need for a blood-bath of a war.
                          And it takes heaven and earth for some on the left to even acquiesce to anything more stringent than a dirty look.

What? Why didn't you say so? Alright, I'll tell that to the millions of dead, I'm sure it will make their families feel so much better.
                          You do that. And when you do, remind them that they are still around to listen to you thanks to us. They could be like the victims in Halabja.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6780[/ATTACH]
                          Exactly. Proactive strikes are often less damaging to innocents than reactive ones.

Well, you proclaimed it so it must be true.
                          Considering I have 21 years of military experience, have served my country in both the first Desert Storm and again after Sept 11, and considering I have worked for the DOD as a civilian/contractor for the past 10 years in the intelligence community, I think I know a bit more than you do about it.

Yet, we haven't invaded any other dictatorship based on these same principles.
                          Please name a dictator that invaded another country unprovoked, was defeated in combat, agreed in a cease-fire to not shoot at our planes, not seek out chemical/biological weapons, allow inspectors to do their jobs unencumbered, and ensure that the existing weapons were destroyed.

Man that's rich. Remember that when a Democrat walks, alright? Just tell yourself "no formal charges have been brought, so they're not guilty!" and everything well be fine.

The fact is, people in power/authority tend to be excused for their actions and held to a different standard. It happens with bankers, cops, judges and politicians all the time.
                          But unless you have evidence that shows that Bush should be prosecuted by the UN, all you have is speculations.
                          That's what
                          - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

And the different warring factions of Muslims had nothing to do with it, right?
                            Does not address the issue in my post. The issue of the existence of the warring fractions is not the issue. It is what caused the present situation in the Middle East we are facing now.

The question is 'Why are the fanatical sects of Islam like ISIS so strong in the Islamic countries?' Did GWB or Obama cause ISIS?

I gave the fairly accurate history that led to the strength of ISIS and other recent fanatical sects. So far no response to this post.

GWB nor Obama are responsible for ISIS. ISIS is a product of the history of the relationship between the West and the Middle East and Africa. It began with the colonial domination of these regions and continents by Western powers, mainly Great Britain and France. Boundaries were drawn dividing ethnic peoples religions for economic and political domination and manipulation. The different peoples of the region were not allowed to have their own political and economic identity. The divided and hostile religious divisions were lumped together to be forever in conflict each one wanted to dominate the other. After the colonial era ended, the world powers continued to manipulate these countries for economic. natural resources (oil), political reasons and religious agendas continued to manipulate these countries. For the entire 20th century the western powers suppressed moderate democratic movements and supported corrupt governments and dictatorships. The rise of extreme political/religious is the result of this history.
                            Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-26-2015, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                              GWB nor Obama are responsible for ISIS.
                              You might want to educate yourself on the subject: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...d-rise-of-ISIS
                              Last edited by seanD; 05-27-2015, 05:11 PM.

Comment

You might want to educate yourself on the subject: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...d-rise-of-ISIS
                                You need to educate yourself and learn history. To predict ISIS has nothing to do with being the cause nor responsible for ISIS.
                                Last edited by shunyadragon; 05-27-2015, 09:21 PM.

Comment