Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kairos Prison Ministry in a nutshell

Dept. of Redundancy Dept. Cow Poke's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    LJ,

Last week at the Lt. Governor's Reception, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick gave us preachers a DVD copy of his movie The Heart of Texas. Somebody mentioned that was the story of the Prison Pastor article I referenced. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet, but kept meaning to mention this.

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I will be serving on the upcoming Kairos Weekend at the Coffield Unit in Tennessee Colony, TX (Coffield #41) April 21 - 24, 2016. Prayers are greatly encouraged and greatly appreciated. If you haven't watched the video in the OP, please do!

I heard recently from our Unit's State liaison that Texas TDCJ likes Kairos so much they are asking if we can open 5 units a year for the next five years. Kairos operates (currently) in (I think) 47 or 48 units State wide. (and in 36 states and 9 countries).
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    awesome

4. Amen Littlejoe amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Our Kairos Weekend (Coffield #41) came to an end Sunday Afternoon. 3-1/2 days of ministering God's Agape Love to our 42 Brothers-In-White saw many miracles, as many a Dead Man rose to a new life over the weekend. The walls of every man were battered and most if not all were broken down allowing new life and change to flood into the void. I want to issue a special thanks to my Pastor, mentor (and friend) Nathan, and friends and fellow laborers for Christ, Bobby and Gene . For answering the call, and opening your lives to minister to men that are for the most part, forgotten by society, and allowing them a chance for a new life in Christ Jesus. Our Team's Lay Leader TAG, did an excellent job in leading our rag tag band of misfits into the fiery battle with a grace and love that inspired us all. It was obvious that he listened to the Holy Spirit in picking the men who gave the Lay Talks over the weekend as time after time the message and testimony were SPOT ON, forcing those of us listening (especially the B-I-W) to truly see the Hand of God on their lives and testimonies. Looking forward in the months ahead to hear the victories in these men's lives as they move forward with their "Friendship with God".
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

6. Amen mossrose, Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlejoe View Post
    Our Kairos Weekend (Coffield #41) came to an end Sunday Afternoon.
    No it didn't - it has ETERNAL processes at work!

1 Tim 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

8. Amen Littlejoe amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    No it didn't - it has ETERNAL processes at work!

Actually the WEEKEND did come to an end! What's going forward we refer to as the 4th day. As the TDCJ Regional Chaplain said: "...it's now the 4th day for the rest of your life!" But...Yeah! ETERNAL processes indeed!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Actually the WEEKEND did come to an end! What's going forward we refer to as the 4th day. As the TDCJ Regional Chaplain said: "...it's now the 4th day for the rest of your life!" But...Yeah! ETERNAL processes indeed!
    That's good - I like that!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Does Kairos Prison Ministry make a difference? Ask Tommy Fisher - as self proclaimed "Monster" before Christ.

https://youtu.be/9NshMJLw0ok

Kairos Coffield #43 begins Thursday afternoon. Please lift up our team as we go to proclaim the Good News to 42 God chosen individuals incarcerated in the Coffield Prison. I will be the Family Leader for the Table of James and could certainly use your prayers. I haven't been on a table in a couple of years as I'm usually tapped for a behind the scenes leadership role. God is in control!

12. Amen Jedidiah, One Bad Pig amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Does Kairos Prison Ministry make a difference? Ask Tommy Fisher - as self proclaimed "Monster" before Christ.

https://youtu.be/9NshMJLw0ok

Kairos Coffield #43 begins Thursday afternoon. Please lift up our team as we go to proclaim the Good News to 42 God chosen individuals incarcerated in the Coffield Prison. I will be the Family Leader for the Table of James and could certainly use your prayers. I haven't been on a table in a couple of years as I'm usually tapped for a behind the scenes leadership role. God is in control!
    Our Church will be praying for you - this is near to my heart.

14. Amen Littlejoe amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Our Church will be praying for you - this is near to my heart.
    Thank you CP! If you ever get a chance to go on a Kairos "It's God's special time" If you didn't live so far away, I would invite you to be part of our group! Making the team meetings would be too much for you...but I'll bet there's a group near you. You would be a God send to a Kairos Team as ordained clergy for a whole weekend is really hard to come by. Ever team needs about 7 just to cover the family tables.