Announcement

Collapse

The Pulpit Guidelines

This is the place for quiet meditations and reflections. No debate is permitted, and we ask that the fact that this is a Christian-owned site be respected in that the majority of the spiritual reflections expressed here will be Christian in perspective. We ask that mediations that are blatantly unorthodox or contrary to Christianity not be posted. Respectful interaction and posting by those of other beliefs is permitted. Moderators are given wide discretion and latitude as to the appropriateness of posts in this area.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Kairos Prison Ministry in a nutshell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    No it didn't - it has ETERNAL processes at work!

Actually the WEEKEND did come to an end! What's going forward we refer to as the 4th day. As the TDCJ Regional Chaplain said: "...it's now the 4th day for the rest of your life!" But...Yeah! ETERNAL processes indeed!
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post

Actually the WEEKEND did come to an end! What's going forward we refer to as the 4th day. As the TDCJ Regional Chaplain said: "...it's now the 4th day for the rest of your life!" But...Yeah! ETERNAL processes indeed!
      That's good - I like that!
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Does Kairos Prison Ministry make a difference? Ask Tommy Fisher - as self proclaimed "Monster" before Christ.

https://youtu.be/9NshMJLw0ok

Kairos Coffield #43 begins Thursday afternoon. Please lift up our team as we go to proclaim the Good News to 42 God chosen individuals incarcerated in the Coffield Prison. I will be the Family Leader for the Table of James and could certainly use your prayers. I haven't been on a table in a couple of years as I'm usually tapped for a behind the scenes leadership role. God is in control!
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Does Kairos Prison Ministry make a difference? Ask Tommy Fisher - as self proclaimed "Monster" before Christ.

https://youtu.be/9NshMJLw0ok

Kairos Coffield #43 begins Thursday afternoon. Please lift up our team as we go to proclaim the Good News to 42 God chosen individuals incarcerated in the Coffield Prison. I will be the Family Leader for the Table of James and could certainly use your prayers. I haven't been on a table in a couple of years as I'm usually tapped for a behind the scenes leadership role. God is in control!
          Our Church will be praying for you - this is near to my heart.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Our Church will be praying for you - this is near to my heart.
            Thank you CP! If you ever get a chance to go on a Kairos "It's God's special time" If you didn't live so far away, I would invite you to be part of our group! Making the team meetings would be too much for you...but I'll bet there's a group near you. You would be a God send to a Kairos Team as ordained clergy for a whole weekend is really hard to come by. Ever team needs about 7 just to cover the family tables.

Comment

Thank you CP! If you ever get a chance to go on a Kairos "It's God's special time" If you didn't live so far away, I would invite you to be part of our group! Making the team meetings would be too much for you...but I'll bet there's a group near you. You would be a God send to a Kairos Team as ordained clergy for a whole weekend is really hard to come by. Ever team needs about 7 just to cover the family tables.
              We are getting families joining our Church, with men who need "projects". This sounds like a good one. I'll check into it some more.

Comment

God works in mysterious ways....

He even used the fundamentalist church where I grew up to turn a foul-mouthed union enforcer into an all-around nice guy.
                Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                sigpic
                I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                  God works in mysterious ways....

He even used the fundamentalist church where I grew up to turn a foul-mouthed union enforcer into an all-around nice guy.
                  He do indeed!

Comment

Kairos at Coffield # 43 Day Three:
                    Friday is in the books! The day went well and we are all busy finishing up our letters now, getting ready for tomorrow. The talks today were so powerful and really spoke to the men...both in white and in color! Joel spoke to us about Choices, then Phil informed us that We Are Not Alone! Dan talked with us about having A Friendship With God. Bob B. then told us that We Are The Church! Bob V. finished up today's talks by showing us how we can Open the Door to Christ. Jim, Chad, and Dale led us in some awesome worship music that had to the place rocking for Jesus!! Our guests are already opening up and sharing pretty well and I can see God is really opening some hearts. The Prayer Chain had many in tears trying to grasp just how many of you Prayer Warriors are out there praying for us. One of my men, with tears in his eyes kept mentioning how it was amazing that people who didn't even know him would pray for him. So...keep those prayers coming! They are working! Patrick began the forgiveness series and started us thinking about being able to accept ourselves, then start working on forgiveness. The burgers were a big hit tonight! Robby is truly the Burger Meister! The ladies are doing a wonderful job praying for us and keeping us well fed. Dave (our timekeeper) is keeping us almost ahead of schedule. Howard (our lay leader) is beginning to smile a lot! The Lord is good all the time. Big day tomorrow with letters and forgiveness!
                    Walls will start tumbling down by the Grace of God!

Last edited by Littlejoe; 04-28-2017, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Kairos at Coffield # 43 Day Four (day 3 of the actual weekend event):
                      Today was an awesome day...that's what the brother-in white sitting to my left kept saying. Awesome! Then he would say, awesome is a good word for it! We started off with Bill M. talking about deepening their walk in Christ via Discovery through Study, then Michael S. told them about walking out their faith in Christian Action. The Families made chapel visits and everyone in our family prayed aloud...that rarely happens. My fellow St. James family laborers, John S. and Bill T., continued to inject insightful and timely comments that the brother-in-white took to heart. Open Mic time saw many come forward and talk about changing their life, how that the Love of Christ through the team was such an inspiration to them. Patrick H. concluded the forgiveness talk... and our forgiveness ceremony was very powerful with the Holy Spirit moving on many hearts. Many went up to pray with a minister after their turn. Tomorrow we will be preparing them for their continuing journey in Christ after their weekend is concluded. Their fourth day begins at the closing ceremony tomorrow afternoon. Please, continue to pray hearts will complete the transformation and fully turn to the Lord as "Victory Sunday" rolls up! Tomorrow will be a busy day as we conclude the weekend and head home. Final update will probably be Monday.

Thanks for all your prayers!
                      LJ

Comment

Kairos at Coffield # 43 Final Installment:

Sunday started with a bang in the Chapel as Gary V. told us the "Rooster Story" that illustrates God's forgiveness in a charming yet powerful way. We moved to the family room to hear Larry J. gave his talk about the "Obstacles to God's Grace" with a moving recollection of some recent struggles in his life. Then, Richard P. stepped up to the mic and told us how we can walk out our faith with "Walking in God's Grace" talk...and his real life testimony about trusting God with his life...nearly brought down the house! Finally, Howard G. encouraged us to "Hang in There". Of course all good things have to come to an end and as they began taking down our set up, we prayed in our family affirmation circles, and the participants received a cross. Our Closing ceremony was moving as the participants told us how God's love had touch them and moved them to began their Christian journey.
                        I want to thank all of you who prayed for the Holy Spirit Of God to make himself real to the 42 participants of Kairos #43...he did! You ministered to these men in a real and tangible way...

In Christ,

LJ
                        Last edited by Littlejoe; 05-01-2017, 11:39 PM.

Comment

I was thinking about this the other day when I was reading about one of the men who was executed in Arkansas last week. He claimed that once he got a scheduled execution date, he started getting flooded with letters full of religious appeals, and that he wasn't interested because where were they all those other years while he was in prison? I knew that his implication that Christians mostly ignore prisoners just wasn't true.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            I was thinking about this the other day when I was reading about one of the men who was executed in Arkansas last week. He claimed that once he got a scheduled execution date, he started getting flooded with letters full of religious appeals, and that he wasn't interested because where were they all those other years while he was in prison? I knew that his implication that Christians mostly ignore prisoners just wasn't true.
                            Yeah...IDK about Arkansas prisons, but Texas Prisons have a lot of Christian programs/Ministries in them. It's definitely not ignored. It's actively encouraged by TDCJ.

Comment

I know there's a guy who does a ministry where he writes letters to every prisoner on death row in the US. A number do respond and he will write back as long as they are willing to write. Unlike perhaps most people who minister in this area, he isn't anti death penalty, just pro evangelism.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                                I know there's a guy who does a ministry where he writes letters to every prisoner on death row in the US. A number do respond and he will write back as long as they are willing to write. Unlike perhaps most people who minister in this area, he isn't anti death penalty, just pro evangelism.
                                I'm not anti-death penalty either (though I think it should be more stringently used)...and I'm not anti-prison or a prisoner advocate, I too am just pro evangelism. And it's a rich field!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X