Announcement

Collapse

Apologetics 301 Guidelines

If you think this is the area where you tell everyone you are sorry for eating their lunch out of the fridge, it probably isn't the place for you

This forum is open discussion between atheists and all theists to defend and debate their views on religion or non-religion. Please respect that this is a Christian-owned forum and refrain from gratuitous blasphemy. VERY wide leeway is given in range of expression and allowable behavior as compared to other areas of the forum, and moderation is not overly involved unless necessary. Please keep this in mind. Atheists who wish to interact with theists in a way that does not seek to undermine theistic faith may participate in the World Religions Department. Non-debate question and answers and mild and less confrontational discussions can take place in General Theistics.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Another Demon thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Or they want us to think that. They're evil! Of course they would not care about killing people! Think the writer of the article was thinking to himself about the intellegence level and surmised that they could just be playing dumb sometimes. Guess that's why they would pick on us. They're evil!
    Or their goal is to use fear on some and let others believe they do not exist. It is rather brilliant, in a twisted sort of way.
    "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
    GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by Carrikature View Post
      You guys are funny. Such conjecture!
      I'm just looking at it though logic. Convince most you don't exist and spread fear about those who you can't convince you don't exist. Pretty brilliant, in a rather twisted sort of way.
      "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
      GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

How mean! Sure aren't going to be sorry about their eternal fate!
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

How mean! Sure aren't going to be sorry about their eternal fate!
          I never said they were nice, but it is a pretty decent way in which to work. Make sure that as many people as possible don't believe you exist. That way, nobody suspects a thing is going on. Those who you can't convince, just scare the crap out of them so they are too afraid to do a thing about it. Is it cruel? Oh yeah. Is it dirty? Oh yeah, but it would be a great way to work, rather you are a secret group, an agency, or some immaterial thing.
          GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Why do evil beings get a kick out of being mean to those weaker than themselves? I'm not just talking about demons and fallen angels. Humans do it too. Are they all bullies? Shame on them.

Comment

Why do evil beings get a kick out of being mean to those weaker than themselves? I'm not just talking about demons and fallen angels. Humans do it too. Are they all bullies? Shame on them.
              GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                I'm just looking at it though logic. Convince most you don't exist and spread fear about those who you can't convince you don't exist. Pretty brilliant, in a rather twisted sort of way.
                What's twisted is that the people who fear them most are by and large those who should have nothing to fear.
                I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Don't know, I'm not scared of them. Just that they're creepy/annoying. Some people out there do believe that Christians can be possessed by demons, which makes no sense at all. Holy Spirit vs demon, who do you think is going to win?

Comment

Don't know, I'm not scared of them. Just that they're creepy/annoying. Some people out there do believe that Christians can be possessed by demons, which makes no sense at all. Holy Spirit vs demon, who do you think is going to win?
                    How do demons annoy you?

Comment

This thread really, really needs to die.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
                        This thread really, really needs to die.
                        Indeed. All we're doing is arguing with someone who rejects a priori the supernatural. Thus, what's the point of arguing? Would he accept the idea of invisible predators? That aren't personally annoying, but annoying in a theoretical sense.

Comment

Indeed. All we're doing is arguing with someone who rejects a priori the supernatural. Thus, what's the point of arguing? Would he accept the idea of invisible predators? That aren't personally annoying, but annoying in a theoretical sense.

Comment

Least we don't have to deal with evil aliens threatening to destroy the planet or something.

Comment

Not necessarily. Christians who believe supernatural evil is bound would also have the same doubts about your interaction with demons--or their interaction with you. This isn't just dubious from the atheist standpoint.

First you found them scary, then annoying, then only theoretically annoying. An easily charted back peddle.

Comment

I have never met them. Just that if the stories are true, than said beings would be disconcerting. And the belief is that Satan is bound. Don't know about lesser spiirits. Why don't you ask jpholding? Scared??? Something can be scary and annoying at the same time. Angels are scary, because they can kick your butt.

Comment