Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Dad Fell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's great news

Comment

Fantastic. Now fire that pharmacy.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
        Fantastic. Now fire that pharmacy.
        Yeah, I think it's one of those "mom and pop" home town pharmacy things that isn't hooked into the database of interactions.... I'll definitely check into that when I'm in Ohio --- this is one of the services I have provided our older Church members for the past 25 years or so... I have them round up all their prescriptions, then I take them to a doctor friend who checks all the interactions and advises them to drop prescriptions that either cancel something out, or have bad interactions. MOST of the bigger pharmacies - CVS, Walgreens, etc - do that automatically when they enter the info into the computer. In that case, the key is to make sure ALL your prescriptions are with the same pharmacy.

Also, Walmart has prescription programs for senior adults where there's either a really cheap co-pay (even less than your insurer) or no co-pay at all.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

First:

Second, find out if they were all filled at the same pharmacy. The doctors aren't completely off the hook - finding out your patient's recent history is Med School 101.

But stuff happens - find out why before yelling.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
            First:

Second, find out if they were all filled at the same pharmacy.
            Yeah, that's why I said...
            Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I'll definitely check into that when I'm in Ohio ---
            The doctors aren't completely off the hook - finding out your patient's recent history is Med School 101.
            Yeah, but Medicare is prone to "hurry up and get them out of here cause we're only getting paid pennies on the dollar to see these old people".

But stuff happens - find out why before yelling.
            I hadn't really considered yelling. I want them to be NICE to my Dad next time he comes in.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, that's why I said...
              I know - just repeating.

Yeah, but Medicare is prone to "hurry up and get them out of here cause we're only getting paid pennies on the dollar to see these old people".
              But it doesn't protect against malpractice so Doc still has to do his job - and yes, I sympathize with Doc.

I hadn't really considered yelling. I want them to be NICE to my Dad next time he comes in.
              That was mostly for DB.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I know - just repeating.

But it doesn't protect against malpractice so Doc still has to do his job - and yes, I sympathize with Doc.
                Agreed. Unfortunately, that's why a LOT of small practice Docs in my area are not taking any new Medicare patients.

That was mostly for DB.
                When she said "fire that pharmacy", she meant in the most loving and compassionate sense possible.

Comment

When she said "fire that pharmacy", she meant in the most loving and compassionate sense possible.
                  I'm sure she did. We might wanna keep her away from sharp objects until she stops foaming at the mouth, though...

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I'm sure she did. We might wanna keep her away from sharp objects until she stops foaming at the mouth, though...
                    That really did make me smile.

Comment

Dang was I foaming that much?

Comment

Nah, only enough for your friends to notice.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Comment

So, I spent a few days with Dad in Ohio after the SBC Convention, and had a good visit. I still think a lot of his problem is his hearing. He has had at least THREE (that I know of) very expensive hearing aids, but doesn't seem to experience much good from them.

He was in a Rehab unit after leaving the hospital, and is being 'rehabbed' to go back home.

Problem is, I don't think he's cooperating, because I don't think he WANTS to go home. After decades of caring for other people, he is waited on hand and foot at this rehab place. It's pretty nice - clean, neat and doesn't smell like an old folks' home.

He has actually told my sister -- "see those three guys over there?" (in the common area, playing checkers) "they're RESIDENTS -- I want to find out how to do that".

His wife is at home by herself, but she can't really live alone, and he doesn't want her to. He wants her to come live with him at the Rehab center.

Dad is in pretty decent health for a 94+ year old guy, and his mind is pretty sharp.

So...... siblings are conspiring, but don't know yet what direction....

Comment

Still ing.

Comment

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment