Announcement

Collapse

General Theistics 101 Guidelines

This area is open for nontheists and theists to interact on issues of theism and faith in a civilized manner. We ask that nontheist participation respect the theistic views of others and not seek to undermine theism in general, or advocate for nontheism. Such posts are more suited for and allowable in Apologetics 301 with very little restriction.

The moderators of this area are given great discretion to determine if a particular thread or comment would more appropriately belong in another forum area.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Are you Cold Hearted? Or are you Compassionate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Are you Cold Hearted?
    This thread is about me isn't it?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      This thread is about me isn't it?
      My work is done.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My work is done.
        I'm telling mom!

smiley runaway.gif

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          I'm telling mom!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6774[/ATTACH]
          She's the one who put me up to it.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

She's the one who put me up to it.
            Are you trying to say that mom is cold-hearted? Come over here for a minute. Actually this will only take a second. smiley beating.gif

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
              On the whole, I tend more toward 'cold-hearted' than 'compassionate' - not because I think I'm rational, but because I'm just very introverted. I don't see what drama has to do with compassion; in fact, I'd think that drama would tend to get in the way of compassion because one is 'me-directed' and the other is 'other-directed'.
              That sounds about like me.

I have to let the holy spirit kick me in the pants once in a while to help me be more compassionate. And I am definitely not a "prayer warrior" type.

I tend to be less emotional about most things, and I think that sometimes makes me suspicious about others. I see a homeless man and sometimes think "is he a scammer, or really in need?" because I know there are a lot of conmen out there. I try to let the spirit guide me on those type of matters and will say a quick prayer for guidance. I see a sick person at say a hospital, and I will say a prayer for them, but I am usually too shy to just walk up to them and start talking. Although I have been working on it.

I am even unemotional when it comes to myself most of the time. My doctor told me I had a serious condition (you know about it OBP) and wanted to know how I felt about it. I didn't really feel anything about it. I just figure that God will take care of me one way or the other. I told my doctor that I was OK and trusted in God and that I was going to do everything I could to stay healthy and get over the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                That sounds about like me.

I have to let the holy spirit kick me in the pants once in a while to help me be more compassionate. And I am definitely not a "prayer warrior" type.

I tend to be less emotional about most things, and I think that sometimes makes me suspicious about others. I see a homeless man and sometimes think "is he a scammer, or really in need?" because I know there are a lot of conmen out there. I try to let the spirit guide me on those type of matters and will say a quick prayer for guidance. I see a sick person at say a hospital, and I will say a prayer for them, but I am usually too shy to just walk up to them and start talking. Although I have been working on it.
                But I think this is why God "makes up the body" out of "different members" with various spiritual gifts, talents and abilities.

I am even unemotional when it comes to myself most of the time. My doctor told me I had a serious condition (you know about it OBP) and wanted to know how I felt about it. I didn't really feel anything about it. I just figure that God will take care of me one way or the other. I told my doctor that I was OK and trusted in God and that I was going to do everything I could to stay healthy and get over the problem.

Comment

I divide Compassion into a range of motivations for one's actions toward others into sympathy, empathy, and compathy, depending on the degree of emotional involvement and desire for reward (What's in it for me?) there is in the relationship. Sympathetic relationships have the highest emotional involvement and/or desire for reward. Compathy is the ideal of the greatest Compassion where there is the greatest detachment from the desire for reward or emotional involvement.

I believe I am on the high side of empathy.
                  Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                  Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                  But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X