No announcement yet.

Hammering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you ask the landlord to relocate you to a more remote unit?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Woodpeckers?
      That was the first thought I had. But the hammering is so rapid as to make it very distinctive.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        That was the first thought I had. But the hammering is so rapid as to make it very distinctive.

Yeah, once you hear it, and know what it is, you'll always be able to tell what it is.

We were on a ski trip to Colorado once when I was young, and heard that from inside the cabin. Every time we went outside to see what it was, it stopped, and we had no clue. Finally, we snuck out the back door, and hid watching the cabin, and it was a woodpecker pecking on the wood trim above the door.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Yeah. But I had nothing else to offer.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

As I said, record it ... that's concrete evidence you're not making things up.

It may be during daytime hours, but you need your sleep. Besides, it maybe lead to a bigger problem just in time to stop it and you'll be the hero.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
              As I said, record it ... that's concrete evidence you're not making things up.

It may be during daytime hours, but you need your sleep. Besides, it maybe lead to a bigger problem just in time to stop it and you'll be the hero.
              And look at your lease to see if you can find a section referring to "quiet enjoyment". Even if it doesn't, most courts read that into a lease contract de facto.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedicti...uiet+enjoyment

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Yeah, once you hear it, and know what it is, you'll always be able to tell what it is.

We were on a ski trip to Colorado once when I was young, and heard that from inside the cabin. Every time we went outside to see what it was, it stopped, and we had no clue. Finally, we snuck out the back door, and hid watching the cabin, and it was a woodpecker pecking on the wood trim above the door.
                I've had woodpeckers hammer on the metal gutters several times. Either they were particularly stupid or they sensed bugs moving in the debris that gets washed down in them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Did ya figger it out?

Comment

No, but interestingly there hasn't been any hammering for the past few days, so I got some half decent sleep, and I'm a happy camper, for now.

Stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrawly View Post
                        No, but interestingly there hasn't been any hammering for the past few days, so I got some half decent sleep, and I'm a happy camper, for now.

Stay tuned.
                        Keep us posted. Or I'll hammer you for more info.

Comment

sounds like maybe something like a sump pump. Mine will force the water from the drain, but then the excess water will fall back until it hits the stop valve, and makes a hammering noise.

Comment

Another thing to consider, although from what you describe it's not as likely. It might be your own ears. Because of congential bone damage, I can have bouts of "knocking" and even "voices" in my ears. Or ear spasms...when I had that nasty infection several years ago, muscles in the ear were twitching in a rhythm of their own. Ugh.

Just something to consider...
                            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment