Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Anti-Vax Wisdom: Aspirin Cures Polio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    I know. I was just wondering if he had any of those nasty diseases to tell Goofus about.
    Jed's almost old enough to remember when the Black Death rolled through.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• I can't be bothered to read through all 13 pages (my apologies) but has there been an explanation of why, as hygiene gradually improved over time, the vanishing of specific diseases occurred at very different times? And that said times correlated with the introduction of vaccines?

To be a bit more specific, why did people stop getting measles before they stopped getting chicken pox? What magical development from the world of hygiene occurred in the 60s, and what in the 90s, to cause their disappearance? And why don't either of them work against the flu virus?

That, it seems, would be a bare minimum information required before we decide to ignore Occam's razor and discard the simplest explanation.

Again, my apologies if this has already come up.
      "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Jed's almost old enough to remember when the Black Death rolled through.
        Based on the fact that Jed is old enough to call Mossy a "Sweet Young Thing" I think you're grossly underestimating Jed's real age.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheLurch View Post
          I can't be bothered to read through all 13 pages (my apologies) but has there been an explanation of why, as hygiene gradually improved over time, the vanishing of specific diseases occurred at very different times? And that said times correlated with the introduction of vaccines?

To be a bit more specific, why did people stop getting measles before they stopped getting chicken pox? What magical development from the world of hygiene occurred in the 60s, and what in the 90s, to cause their disappearance? And why don't either of them work against the flu virus?

That, it seems, would be a bare minimum information required before we decide to ignore Occam's razor and discard the simplest explanation.

Again, my apologies if this has already come up.
          That was touched on, but not as in depth as you did.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Did you get any vaccine preventable diseases when you were a youngster?
            Oh yeah, lots. And I still get the Flu vaccine.
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
              Oh yeah, lots. And I still get the Flu vaccine.
              Which ones? The flu doesn't count. Neither does chicken pox, for that was relatively recent(I was born before it and got the chicken pox when I was little).
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Smallpox, measles, mumps, and polio were the ones I recall. I did chicken pox also plus got the shingles vaccine recently.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  Smallpox, measles, mumps, and polio were the ones I recall. I did chicken pox also plus got the shingles vaccine recently.
                  You had smallpox??? Didn't they have vaccines for that already???
                  If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

You had smallpox??? Didn't they have vaccines for that already???
                    My bad, I misunderstood. I got vaccines for all those not the diseases. I got no diseases that had vaccines at the time. Chicken pox and mumps were the only diseases I had as a child. Before the vaccines.

Comment