Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I Want a Job NOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
    And you expect me to buy that?

Okay, so maybe I'll check it out on ILL...
    I'm not certain what your attitude is as expressed here. Did I offend you in any way?
    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
      I'm not certain what your attitude is as expressed here. Did I offend you in any way?
      Nah, I'm being funny - or trying to.

Selling and marketing aren't precisely the same thing - but I will check it out if I can get it. I can't afford to buy it right now.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Nah, I'm being funny - or trying to.
        You have to beware of using humor in selling. The Volkswagen company used to do comedy quite well, and there's the GEICO critter, but those are not just printed words. Just words with humor can backfire.

Selling and marketing aren't precisely the same thing - but I will check it out if I can get it. I can't afford to buy it right now.
        Yes, that's so, but I think you are supposed to say you couldn't sell instead of "couldn't market."
        The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
            You have to beware of using humor in selling. The Volkswagen company used to do comedy quite well, and there's the GEICO critter, but those are not just printed words. Just words with humor can backfire.

Yes, that's so, but I think you are supposed to say you couldn't sell instead of "couldn't market."
            1) Yep.
            2) Huh? Marketing is the problem - the selling is pretty easy once I get people introduced to the product.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Thanks, TM.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

1) Yep.
                2) Huh? Marketing is the problem - the selling is pretty easy once I get people introduced to the product.
                Your definition of marketing, please.

Comment

Presenting the product to the market as opposed to selling which is an exchange with a buyer

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Presenting the product to the market as opposed to selling which is an exchange with a buyer
                    I may be wrong, but I think your definition is unusual. Harry Browne's book on the art of selling would be, instead, the art of marketing, if we are to follow your definition? ? ?

Comment

So, been hitting the bricks. Nada so far. Tried the Career Center - great, they told me to do what I'd been doing. Nice list of possible employers/job sites, though.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

So, been hitting the bricks. Nada so far. Tried the Career Center - great, they told me to do what I'd been doing. Nice list of possible employers/job sites, though.

Still ing.

Do you mind writing a list of your "soft" skills and "hard" skills?
                          "It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
                          -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
                          ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          I support the :
                          sigpic

Comment

Er, okay - assuming I understand you.

• Microsoft Office including Word and Excel
                            • Website Design (Template) and Maintenance
                            • Excellent Organization Skills
                            • Experience Designing and Making Presentations for Adults, Youth and Children
                            • Experience Planning, Organizing and Implementing Events including Health Screenings, Office Celebrations and Historic Re-creation Events
                              • Chair of Area Nine HIV/AIDS Community Planning Group
                              • Chair of State HIV/AIDS Direct Care Organization
                              • Assistant for By-laws Committee HIV/AIDS State Community Planning Group

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment