Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Pataki the Next Reagan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pataki the Next Reagan?

Governor Pataki is positioning himself as the next Reagan as he's announcing his candidacy in Exeter, New Hampshire.

Peace through strength, smaller government, lower taxes, etc.... He's using a lot of Reaganisms, and invoking Reagan's name frequently.

I don't know what much about him.

Comments?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Governor Pataki is positioning himself as the next Reagan as he's announcing his candidacy in Exeter, New Hampshire.

Peace through strength, smaller government, lower taxes, etc.... He's using a lot of Reaganisms, and invoking Reagan's name frequently.

I don't know what much about him.

Comments?
    He was a pretty good Governor in my neighboring state of New York. Always seem like an honest man. But the new Reagan is not a man!

https://carlyforpresident.com/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      He was a pretty good Governor in my neighboring state of New York. Always seem like an honest man. But the new Reagan is not a man!

https://carlyforpresident.com/
      I watched a Carly interview - and was annoyed (yeah, this is petty) by her constant head bobbing. But, yeah, she clearly has a vision, and seemed quite capable of giving solid answers to questions.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I watched a Carly interview - and was annoyed (yeah, this is petty) by her constant head bobbing. But, yeah, she clearly has a vision, and seemed quite capable of giving solid answers to questions.
        The woman is amazing on her feet.
        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
          The woman is amazing on her feet.
          OK, start a Carly thread - this one's about Pataki.

Comment

OK, start a Carly thread - this one's about Pataki.
            Oops sorry. But Pataki is a good guy, I would have no problem voting for him.

Comment

Why don't all the candidates submit their resumes and background checks? Then we can decide who to vote for.
              If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                Why don't all the candidates submit their resumes and background checks? Then we can decide who to vote for.
                If the average person tends to pad his job résumé just imagine what a politician would do.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  If the average person tends to pad his job résumé just imagine what a politician would do.
                  Yeah, I was just looking at Carly's website and her "resume" -- during her time at HP (Compaq) she spent a lot of time in Houston "just down the road" (south of Tomball - the "energy corridor") and not all employees thought she was "steering the ship" very well.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/22/politi...ly-fiorina-hp/

Source: CNNPolitics

Fiorina's time at HP has been a political target in the past. When she challenged Sen. Barbara Boxer in 2010, the veteran California Democrat zeroed in on Fiorina's HP tenure.

"As the CEO of HP, Carly Fiorina laid off 30,000 workers. Fiorina shipped jobs to China," one Boxer ad claimed. "And while Californians lost their jobs, Fiorina tripled her salary, bought a $1 million yacht and five corporate jets."

Boxer outraised Fiorina among HP employees in that cycle, receiving $15,000 to Fiorina's $7,000.

© Copyright Original Source

I liked her, but a lot of people "next door" didn't.

Comment

Padding? what's that?
                    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                      Padding? what's that?
                      Exaggerating. Adding to. Lying.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Exaggerating. Adding to. Lying.
                        In the business world, this is legal grounds for immediate termination.
                        In the political world, you win elections.

Comment

Apparently Pataki has no time for the pro-life movement:

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/05/27/g...sidential-bid/
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            Apparently Pataki has no time for the pro-life movement:

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/05/27/g...sidential-bid/
                            Hmmm....
                            from one of the links in that article... (2006)

Source: LifeNews.com

In comments on the CNN television program "Situation Room," Pataki claimed he could overcome objection to his pro-abortion stance that prevent previous GOP presidential candidates like Arlen Specter and Pete Wilson from gaining any traction.

"I don't think there's any question that someone who has a vision and a proven record of leadership ... consistent with Republican philosophies of limited government ... can win the nomination and the election," Pataki said.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment