Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 02/10/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 02/10/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    When we trust in Jesus…

With the Easter Season bearing down on us we will come face-to-face with not only Jesus’ death but own “delayed death” if we choose to as well. Yet as powerful a symbol of the death as the Cross is Jesus’ ultimate journey was not the Cross but to stand outside an empty Tomb. The Apostle Paul writing to the Roman Church highlighted the “God intended blessing” of Easter like this.

“…his unique identity as Son of God was shown by the Spirit when Jesus was raised from the dead, setting him apart as the Messiah, our Master. Through him we received both the generous gift of his life and the urgent task of passing it on to others who receive it by entering into obedient trust in Jesus. You are who you are through this gift and call of Jesus Christ!” (Romans 1:4–6, The Message) Because God breathed life back into a dead Jesus through THE HOLY SPIRIT we received both the generous gift of JESUS’ life and the urgent task of passing it on to others who receive it by entering into obedient trust in Jesus.

One biblical conversation I have adopted as my own conversation with Jesus is found in chapter 6 of John. Jesus had just taught the people that he was the Bread of Life and that, “By eating my flesh and drinking my blood you enter into me and I into you.” (verse 56) And because many of the people did not understand Jesus was talking in terms of spiritual life many walked away. “…Then Jesus gave the Twelve and Gary Piper their chance: “Do you also want to leave?” Peter and Gary Piper replied, “Master, to whom would we go? You have the words of real life, eternal life. We’ve already committed ourselves, confident that you are the Holy One of God.” (John 6:66–69, The Message)

For me the phrase “obedient trust in Jesus” is not only necessary in establishing an intimate relationship with Jesus but when we exercise trust in Jesus we become a living light that Jesus is trustworthy. It would be easy for me to write about the many times Jesus has proved he is trustworthy to me but they will only be words until you have your own personal conversation/experience with him. However, on the other hand I suspect you’ve already had your own experience where it was just you and Jesus and emerging from that experience and because if it “You are who you are through this gift and call of trust in Jesus.”

When we put our trust in Jesus, Jesus puts his trust in us!

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“When you’re in over your head, I’ll be there with you. When you’re in rough waters, you will not go down. When you’re between a rock and a hard place, it won’t be a dead end—”
    (Isaiah 43:2, The Message)

Note: All words in italics above are my own additions.

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked MSG have been taken from THE MESSAGE. Copyright 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group.”

Amen.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X